I never got into the MGS Series, is it worth playing?

Stream:

DM CptReilly

He's fizzy, he's ginger
Founder
Console: Headset:
I passed on the PS2 pack today. I'm pretty busy with finishing RDR, AC: R, and now... Skyrim.

When I get some free gaming time, I will look into getting MGS1 or Twin Snakes, then the HD collection.

Thanks for the advice, I will eventually play through these.

Stream:

DM CptReilly

He's fizzy, he's ginger
Founder
So when I was pre-ordering BO2, I saw the HD Collection new for $30 so I went ahead and bought it. Don't worry I'm not playing it yet! Now I'm trying to get ahold of MGS1 for PS1 or Twin snakes (this is much more desirable). If anyone has these or knows where I can pick them up at a reasonable price, let me know. Looking back to the earlier posts in this thread I should have just bought that Essential pack I found for $22.

I also bought MGS2 for PS2 bc it was $3 lol. I'm hoping I can trade it online. My HD Collection has Sons of Liberty and I guess that's the same thing?

Stream:

DM Kinger

DM's Biggest Hippie
Founding Member
I could try to get you mgs1. It's my cousins in CT. It cost $3 for real man. Idk where your looking for $20 for a ps1 game.

By the way they got it at a GameStop in '06

Stream:

DM TStreets

SC4 Commander
Founding Member
if u have a gamecube then yeah mgs1 is worth it playing on, ps1 version is ok but twin snakes had more updated gameplay lil from mgs2. the essential isn't worth it if u got the hd pack, hd pack looks so much better and runs better to. msg 1 u can buy it I think on psn if your talking about ps3, 360 I dunno. but I have the whole series and for the story its one of the best and definitely worth it.

Stream:

DM Lordlander

Founder
Founding Member
So when I was pre-ordering BO2, I saw the HD Collection new for $30 so I went ahead and bought it. Don't worry I'm not playing it yet! Now I'm trying to get ahold of MGS1 for PS1 or Twin snakes (this is much more desirable). If anyone has these or knows where I can pick them up at a reasonable price, let me know. Looking back to the earlier posts in this thread I should have just bought that Essential pack I found for $22.

I also bought MGS2 for PS2 bc it was $3 lol. I'm hoping I can trade it online. My HD Collection has Sons of Liberty and I guess that's the same thing?
Sons of Liberty is number 2, yes.