Xbox 360 250GB Console Info.

Stream:

DM Major Meat

Founder
Addict
Console: Headset:
Well, A sad yet exciting day has finally arrived. My old xbox 360 has finally shit it's pants. I had purchased the Halo 3 special edition 360 back when Halo 3 was released. I was quite happy with it up until 6 months ago, When i started to get "Open Tray" issues. For those of you unfamiliar with this problem. It is when the disc drive will not read the disk, and the system prompts you to eject the disc, and reload. over...and over....

This problem is because the laser that reads the disc, gets stuck at the back of the track, and cannot read the disc.

I went on youtube and found a tutorial on how to fix this problem. All you need to do is take your 360 "skin" off your console, open up the disc drive (4 screws). And push the laser to the front of the track. An easy fix that gave me another 6 months use of my old 360.
*Note* If your 360 is still under warrenty, you will *VOID* your warranty by tampering with your 360 and fixing this yourself. My 360 was off warrenty, so i had nothing to lose.

Fix Open Tray Tutorial>>>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaxIB6cXTYM

This "open disc" issue started again recently, so i again, opened up my 360 to check the laser was in the proper position. I found that everything was good with the alignment of the laser
o_O So i cleaned everything up and put it back together, But...... to no avail.... :hmmm:

Soooo.... this leads me to why i am posting this thread... What to do? Buy a "Old style" 360? and simply install my "OLD" hard drive? Or get with the future and buy the new 360 slim and figure out how to transfer saved data from my old hard drive.... over to the new hard drive
:hmmm:. After researching alot of crap blogs from 360 fan boys and 360 haters alike. I found an intelligent post about this decision i have to make.

New 360 slim>>>http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product...spx?path=09f6eeb1c3d1c67c257379f1fe800136en13 = SEXY!

I found that the saved data transfer would be quick and easy, Free transfer cable comes with the new 360 slim. See link below for an easy as pie tutorial.

Save Data Transfer>>>http://www.wonderhowto.com/how-to-transfer-xbox-360-hard-drive-save-data-new-slim-360-385852/

Here is the blog i found that made the most sense, And gets right down to the Meat of my concerns

Reading the other reviews here (including two identical reviews from different people in different cities), I am astonished at the degree of misinformation held by people professing to "know better." Here's what you need to know:

The system has the identical capabilities of the original xbox360. From a processing power perspective, it is no faster and no more powerful than the original - same processor clock speed. The benefits in this new model are really, really straightforward: more reliable components, better cooling (which helps with reliability issues), more quiet operation, integrated wireless N networking, and a 250 GB hard drive. There are some other hardware additions that are useful as well: touch-based controls, additional usb ports, and a dedicated powered usb port to be used with the upcoming Kinnect motion-based controller. Oh, and it is slightly smaller as well.

The old xbox 360 has been phased out, and this new box is it's successor. Should you buy one now? Well, if you own an original xbox 360, there's no necessity to buy one - your current 360 will do all that you need, including compatability with Kinnect. If your 360 breaks down, and is out of warranty, AND you want a new one, this is the way to go. By the way: Microsoft provides (at no charge) hard drive transfer kits to move over your data to your new drive (it's a dvd and a transfer cable) - so you can ignore folks that state otherwise.

Just getting into the console game? There's never been a better time in this generation to do so, with both the PS3 and the 360 boasting new models. It will come down to your preference as to which system you should acquire (and here isn't the place to have that discussion). Would I recommend the xbox 360 for you? Not without knowing what you want to get out of it. Is it better than the PS3? That's a matter of opinion based on what you want to get out of it. See where I'm going with this?

BOTTOM LINE: If you are in the market for a console, and the xbox is your brand of choice, this is a great package that takes advantage of design and technology improvements made since the 2005 release of the console to proivide a more quiet, more reliable, video game console, with a number of additional features (wifi, 250 GB HDD) that make it an excellent value proposition. If you like the 360, the only better time to buy a new one will be in November, when bundles containing Kinnect are announced, and you can likely save a little money if you can wait that long

I hope this thread is useful to anyone with the same issues & concerns as I had. HAPPY GAMING DM

Stream:

DM Deathrow

<span style="font-weight:bold;color:lime;backgroun
OMG I LOVE YOU! I have this exact problem on my Xbox 360. My laser disk is facked.

And also a very good read, thanks MM :D +rep

Stream:

DM Major Meat

Founder
Addict
Well.... glad you asked :p

A friend of mine has the answer for me, Here in Canada. A BIG DOG cable/phone company has a promotion, If you leave a competitor and sign up with them, you receive a free 250GB 360 slim.

He signed up, and they sent him two 360's by mistake. He has waited a month and not heard from them, sooooo.

I offered him $100 off the retail price, and im picking it up today. Bran new, still sealed up in the box!

Stream:

DM Batman

To the Bat Cave!
Damn Meat nice pick up and great story ...To The Bat Cave!!

Stream:

DM Major Meat

Founder
Addict
*UPDATE*

New 360 (Does NOT) come with data transfer cable as stated above! :4:

Stream:

OUTL4W

gotta light?
Admin
Founder
Addict
Hold on....I'll run mine up to ya. I'd gladly mail ya mine but I'm sure you want it done sooner.