Playstation 4 News Emerges

Stream:

DM Sasquatch57 ♕

Trophy Hunter
Founding Member
Console: Headset:
Yes you saw right i said playstation 4. It is code named "Orbis" and will launch HOLIDAY SEASON 2013. It includes an AMD x64 CPU and AMD southern island GPU. It is said that select game developers have been given kits early this month. It will not feature backwards compatibilty with playstation 3 games.

And here is the big news, the PS4 will have a used game restriction, What is that? well it means that when you incert your game disk into Orbis that the game is tied to that PSN account and can no longer be shared. The game data from the disk can be downloaded to the system and will show the game under the Recent Downloads under your account name. So if your ps3 breaks you can just log into psn and redownload the game. This is very bad news for gamestop because they will more than likely go out of businesse, and this also means no more selling games on ebay, shareing with your friends, and trying to sell your own used games.

More news i just read, it might have a multi disk loader. which allows you to load 3 disks into the system at once. sounds ok, dont have to switch games always.

Last edited:
Stream:

DM Kinger

DM's Biggest Hippie
Founding Member
Fucking blows. I was devastated when I couldn't play Ratchet and Clank on PS3. Now I can't play Uncharted on PS4? I fucking love PlayStation, ever since PS1, but they are ruining the product for ppl. No backwards compatibility, no used games? What the fuck, I guess the ppl up in Sony have never sold a used game, or bought one.

Also Holiday season. Does this mean January 2013? Because PlayStation is usually every 6 years. And ps3 was in '06.

Stream:

DM Sasquatch57 ♕

Trophy Hunter
Founding Member
Xbox is doing the same thing i here, think of it this way each time a used game gets bought there loseing money. and the backwards compatibility, i view it this way when uncharted 4 comes out ur not going to play Uc3, plus they will have a playstation 3 clasics section on PSN. i would rather have lets say better graphics then backwards compatibility.

Stream:

DM xFantin

Retired Canadian
Founder
Addict
Fucking blows. I was devastated when I couldn't play Ratchet and Clank on PS3. Now I can't play Uncharted on PS4? I fucking love PlayStation, ever since PS1, but they are ruining the product for ppl. No backwards compatibility, no used games? What the fuck, I guess the ppl up in Sony have never sold a used game, or bought one.

Also Holiday season. Does this mean January 2013? Because PlayStation is usually every 6 years. And ps3 was in '06.
Holiday season generally means a few months before christmas, so every little kid in America can put it on their wish list

Stream:

OUTL4W

gotta light?
Admin
Founder
Addict
its rumored that the 360 is also going to do the same thing about used games....

Stream:

DM FlyMEXboy

DM mohh1 OG
Founding Member
First of all unless games drop prices, the one game = one console rule will only further hurt the gameing industry. As for the mulit disk.... Really? How bout built in programs. We know thats what consoles are bought for now.

Stream:

DM Sasquatch57 ♕

Trophy Hunter
Founding Member
First of all unless games drop prices, the one game = one console rule will only further hurt the gameing industry. As for the mulit disk.... Really? How bout built in programs. We know thats what consoles are bought for now.
it would'nt hurt it bc, if you wanted a game tou would have to buy full price, which gives more money to devolpers.

Stream:

P

PI Con

If i was sony I would attempt to release the ps4 before microsoft comes out with the 720, because If they came out in the same month or so, the 720 would sell so much more then the ps4.

Xbox>Playstation

MAD?

Stream:

DM Sasquatch57 ♕

Trophy Hunter
Founding Member
If i was sony I would attempt to release the ps4 before microsoft comes out with the 720, because If they came out in the same month or so, the 720 would sell so much more then the ps4.

Xbox>Playstation

MAD?
Right now the 360 has more sales than the ps3, but thats bc the 360 was released almost 2 years before the ps3, if you take that into account the ps3 has sold about 250,000 more consoles than the ps3. go to IGN.com they did a video about it and had all kinds of numbers. And just to let u know the 360 sells better in the united states, in the rest of the world the ps3 sells better almost 5 ps3 to 1 360.

I use to own a xbox but then when the 360 came out i didnt but it bc it costed for online, i still like xbox but just like ps3 better.

ps3>xbox
reasons
free online
blue ray
way more and better exclusives

Stream:

DM Sasquatch57 ♕

Trophy Hunter
Founding Member