Thoughts About the State of the PS2

Stream:

DM_VanR

Captain
Console: Headset:
Well guys..I'm bored..LoL anyway, the PS2 will be officially 10 years old next month. ( Japan release) Sony is probably going stop production sometime now in the near future. (I doubt they won't stop until Nov. though)

Sales data have just arrived, and the PS2 is still selling good, but its definitely falling. I think it's time to let the PS2 go. We are 6 years done from the 6th generation of consoles, and I think it's just right that the PS2 gets it's well deserved rest. It's had a great run and it definitely did a great job at making most gamers very happy last generation.

Plus, PS3s with PS2 compatibility and more increase in PS3 sales might result from this, which is always good.

So what are you're thoughts? (No fanboyism in here please!)

Stream:

DM Viktomize

The Flyers Are The Best™
the PS2 was the first HUGE video game console. It was alot better then the 1st version of the Xbox. Anyway I agree, the PS2 exceeded expectations, and now its time for it to rest.

Stream:

DM Poisoned

@TheLifeLike
Founding Member
the ps2 was one of the best consoles, but i never got one =oooo R.I.P. ps2 =/

Stream:

DM4L Shoot2Kill

:)
Founding Member
Ps2 was a great console. It's sad to see it like this :(
Their games were outstanding..like Devil May Cry and stuff lol.
I still play mine from time to time :biggrin:

Stream:

DM Joey8899

Demon Messiah
the ps2 is a good consoule but all good things come to an end...i remeber my first ps2 (*flshback for 2 hours) but one day the same thing will happen to the ps3 probaly out with the old n in with the new right?

Stream:

DM Blazer

BulletProof
Founding Member
Once the PS2 goes out of business, PS3 is going to have a software update which will allow all PS3's to have backwards compatibility.( i remember seeing this in IGN blog but was 3 months ago)

Stream:

DM Blazer

BulletProof
Founding Member
Once the PS2 goes out of business, PS3 is going to have a software update which will allow all PS3's to have backwards compatibility.( i remember seeing this in IGN blog but was 3 months ago)

Stream:

DM_VanR

Captain
Yeah, that would be awesome. Its definitely more convenient than switching cables all the time LoL. Plus, it might be a system seller too.

Stream:

DM 951RPN

Founder
Addict
R.I.P PS2, we shared many rainy nights together, you will be missed! :cry:

Stream:

DM God§ H3®o

Edin Džeko
The Ps2 is still going strong in other places like Europe and Asia, partially because most of the people can't afford these bigger consoles and they're more expensive in some places over there, so it might not look to be very popular in the U.S now, but in other parts of the world it's just arriving.

Stream:

DM_VanR

Captain
The Ps2 is still going strong in other places like Europe and Asia, partially because most of the people can't afford these bigger consoles and they're more expensive in some places over there, so it might not look to be very popular in the U.S now, but in other parts of the world it's just arriving.
Yes, it its still strong at some parts, but it doubt Sony is going to exceed it's 10 year plan.