Site Update Details

Stream:

OUTL4W

gotta light?
Admin
Founder
Addict
Console: Headset:
Some of you guys have probably noticed all those new people with really fucked up names who have been registering here by the dozens. Well turns out they were con artists who were using the older version of forum software I was using to mass email people for the purpose of phishing. So I have upgraded the forum to the latest and most secure software.

I have also taken this time to overhaul the site and clean some house. There have been a lot of things that bothered me about it, and I figured now would be a good time to fix it since the old template had some bugs now that its out of date.

First up.

The shoutbox is history. Any of you who knew me knew how much I hated that god damn thing. Not only is it a resource hog, but it is a forum cancer. In the year and a half we have been online, we have started about 3500 threads and 40,000 posts. Which is complete and total bullshit when compared to the millions of shouts that have been made.

To help everyone cope, I have revised the layout of the forums and added the quick post again. If you want to start totally meaningless threads and post bullshit in them go ahead. I would rather have more posts for the search engines, than that shoutbox log. There are thousands of forums that are just as active as our shoutbox was, but they just post instead.

Next...

Signatures are gone. I was tired of having to scroll an entire page to read from one 1 sentence post to the next becaues of peoples signatures pics. So I did away with them all together, since people ignored the previous thread I put up about the issue. This will also make it easier to read our forums.

Next....

I am sure you noticed our home page is a LOT more simple. Just 2 main forums, plus our private clan forum. I hated how many sub forums and main forums we had, and the fact that none of them were being used just made it worse. Some of our forums that were requested by members, havent been used in 5 months. So now it's just general forums, or gaming. Couldn't be easier. I will also be adding another quick jump menu to make starting a new thread from the home page possible.

Next...

Member profiles. Click on my name and then click on View Profile. You will see we now have the new fancy profile pages where you can leave each other messages and view each others photos and create friends lists. This is standard with the latest release of vB.

Next....

Design. The design was nice but slow loading on some browsers because it was 100% image based, and honestly I was just getting bored with it. So now we have a non image based template, which will make it faster to post threads and read threads.

There will be more to come, but for now I just wanted to put up a thread up. That is if you even read the whole thing. If you did, congratulations!

Stream:

OUTL4W

gotta light?
Admin
Founder
Addict
lol grats, i knew when i posted that, that someone would reply "i read it!"

Stream:

DM Deathrow

<span style="font-weight:bold;color:lime;backgroun
Bull fucking shit. You know as well as I know that the shoutbox is NOT A FUCKING resource hog. Look how many members we have? what 2000? Gvie me a break! Who the fuck is our host?, the server can EASILY take 2000 members, although they arent even active. How bout limiting how many uses the shoutbox, to go easy on the server. OR how about an IRC option? Its pointless not to have a shout box because its how DM communicates.

index.php? Are you serious Jeff?
vBulletin 3.7.3 CSS = Nice update, but wtf is up with our domain?

I wouldn't be surprised how many ports are open.I mean why not run a nulled vb is this is seriously causing problems? I mean their are plenty of option for you to run than just simple LIMITING the whole site.

Stream:

OUTL4W

gotta light?
Admin
Founder
Addict
Not a resource hog?

Look how much bw we used last month, with just 9,000 uniques. There are some video hosting sites that don't incur that kind of usage and they are streaming videos all day long.

I mean look at my other site's stats after the 1st month. More than twice the uniques, and 8 x less bandwidth:

I don't run nulled on this one because I like having access to vbulletin.org, and in case I get reported again.

Yes there are other options, I'm considering the flash chat add on like we had before.

What do you mean, what is up with our domain?

Stream:

DM Ninth

1st Lieutenant
Cool, thanks for the heads up. And I sorta agree, hopefully people can start utilizing the site for what it is (a forum).

And I knew all of those BS blue members were suspicious. I've never seen so many non-clan members on site...

Stream:

DM Razor_Bladez

Mr. Big Dick
Umm.. maybe u could put a xat shotbox somewhere it takes up less space and u can still ban ppl????

Stream:

OUTL4W

gotta light?
Admin
Founder
Addict
thanks for the suggestion, but if i add a chat room it's not gonna be what all them shitty free sites use. it looks like this is going to be an issue with you guys so I will add a chat room.....

Stream:

DM Razor_Bladez

Mr. Big Dick
or maybe so its not as much of a hog u can put the chat box in a certain place so we dont have AAO fags and wut not crashing it make it like private

Stream:

OUTL4W

gotta light?
Admin
Founder
Addict
lol I can make it so that just dm member's can see it, if that what you guys want?

Stream:

DM Major Meat

Founder
Addict
OuCh

I know the SB was a hog Jeffy, I know it is a cancer, I also know that no SB will mean the death of DM:sad: The SB is like a crack pipe to some. ;)

Stream:

OUTL4W

gotta light?
Admin
Founder
Addict
I know the SB was a hog Jeffy, I know it is a cancer, I also know that no SB will mean the death of DM:sad: The SB is like a crack pipe to some. ;)
Ya I guess I was a little hasty in my approach. No worries I am installing a new chat client as we speak.

Stream:

DM God§ H3®o

Edin Džeko
Thanks, because meat's right, and i think you should make it DM only, and i loved how you cleaned up the site, it was getting really messy....

Stream:

OUTL4W

gotta light?
Admin
Founder
Addict
Ya, was driving me nuts too. Just been putting it off. Took 8 hours to clean up.

Stream:

DM Senshi

The Senior Elite
I remeber not having a shoutbox, but we must also understand Shadow's point.

Stream:

DM God§ H3®o

Edin Džeko
Why are the non dm members dark yellow?, it kind of confuses me with the commanders