PS3 is going to have cloud-saving? More news!

Stream:

DM xDarkKx

The Senior Elite
Console: Headset:
You can soon save your PS3 games in thin air

Kotaku has learned that earlier today, Sony informed developers of a new feature for the PlayStation 3: the ability to save games in the "cloud". Cloud storage means that, rather than just keeping your save game data on your PlayStation 3's hard drive, users will be given the option to upload their saves remotely to a server. The advantage of this is that not only does it save the user space on their hard drive, but since it's tied to a PlayStation Network account, it can be pulled down to different consoles whenever and wherever the user desires.
First rumoured all the way back in 2009, there is of course a catch: it'll only be made available to PlayStation Plus subscribers, not the great unwashed. Actually, there are two catches: Sony bundled the announcement with the clause that, because saving games to the cloud "will allow save data with the copy prohibited attribute to be copied into the online storage", developers are able to opt out and bar their games from using it should there be a concern.
Sony will call the process "Online Saving", and it'll be made available as part of the PS3's upcoming 3.60 firmware update. We've contacted the company for further information.

Source: www.kotaku.com

EEDAR's Jesse Divnich estimates NGP will cost $300 to $350

Electronic Entertainment Design and Research analyst Jesse Divnich has a few ideas about what Sony meant by "an affordable price that's appropriate for the handheld gaming space" when talking about the NGP's launch price. Speaking with GamesIndustry, Divnich predicted that the device would retail for between $299 and $349 at launch, which ... um, seems a little high when compared to other contenders in the "handheld gaming space."

Divnich says that such a price wouldn't be prohibitive to your average Joe or Jane, explaining "The market is ripe for portable high-end gaming. The NGP will be a serious threat to all forms of portable entertainment," and later adding, "After seeing the specs today, if the NGP can't succeed, it is clear that the portable gaming landscape has forever changed." Wait, you're saying the popularity of casual mobile games like Angry Birds might last forever? Forever-ever? Forever-ever?

Source: www.joystiq.com

SOCOM 4 dated, new multiplayer trailer

The US PS Blog has confirmed earlier reports of an April release for SOCOM 4: US Navy Seals, debuting a new multiplayer trailer for us to slaver over while we wait.

US Navy Seals – known everywhere else as Special Forces – ships on April 19. A Gamestop exclusive preorder bonus has been announced – the Abandon map, which featured in past SOCOm titles to much acclaim.
No word yet on UK, EU and Australian release dates, but we’re all permitted to glance over the new multiplayer trailer below.
[youtube]OqPblSkpdUI[/youtube]

Remember the date, 4.19.11
Source: www.vg247.com

You know what? I was happy about the banning of hackers in black ops from the latest ps3 firmware but WTF. Its hacked already -.-.

-DarkKx

Latest PS3 firmware already hacked

Sony’s security minded firmware update, 3.56, has been hacked within hours of release, re-enabling custom firmware and once more throwing the console open to homebrew developers and pirates alike.

Edge writes that Wii hacker KaKaRoTo, creator of the home-brew firmware enabling PS3 tools, tweeted that the latest version of his toolset was already updated, equipped to circumnavigate 3.56’s new security features within hours of the firmware going live.
In the meantime, root-key publisher GeoHot has been slapped with a temporary restraining order preventing them from assisting others in jailbreaking their PS3 consoles.
If that’s not enough to scare off the firmware fiends, then KaKaRoTok’s update should spark a series of updates to custom firmware releases.
Source: www.vg247.com
I guess....... Do what they did to Geohot and failoverfl0w?
Sony
Make.Believe

____
Yep I know, News atm isn't that interesting. Still waiting for some news about the West and Zampella vs Activision lawsuit.

Stream:

GaZa

Founder
nice information so thats the official look of the pps2 uh.

Stream:

DM DeadlyCobraX

Diesel Technician
nice stuff. cant wait for killzone 3 to come out n pick it up and ill pre order soccom 4 that very same night. im really intrested in the new psp2....im gonna buy it n if i dont like ill just give it to my son when he turns 4 or 5.

Stream:

DM xDarkKx

The Senior Elite
You might just check out the MP beta of S4 first. When you get KZ3, You get S4 Beta, but you gotta wait till its up. If you wanna make sure you get a good choice in buying SOCOM4.

Stream:

DM Psycotic

Motherlovers....UNITE!
Founding Member
lolz how is this not interesting?
HELLOO hacking again lmao
damn, they got cracked within a few hours lol
i bet whoever was in charge of the security update was like:
FUUCCKK MYY LIIIFFEEE!!!

and then the bitch got fired lmao

Stream:

DM Vicious

PSN = TheVicious-
Founding Member
ya they tried to port ps3 games into the psp2 and it worked perfectly with no graphic changes

Stream:

DM xDarkKx

The Senior Elite
lolz how is this not interesting?
HELLOO hacking again lmao
damn, they got cracked within a few hours lol
i bet whoever was in charge of the security update was like:
FUUCCKK MYY LIIIFFEEE!!!

and then the bitch got fired lmao
Thats what sucks, Hacking ruins good games like COD4. I never really liked hacking at all. I would have bought COD4 for PS3 if all the hackers on it gets banned and their ps3's BRICKED.

KaKaRoTo.. Lets wait for Sony's action....