Ps3 Has Been Hacked!

Stream:

DM ToRNaDo412

PSN: xFouR1TwOx
Console: Headset:
I have read/write access to the entire system memory, and HV level access to the processor. In other words, I have hacked the PS3. The rest is just software. And reversing. I have a lot of reversing ahead of me, as I now have dumps of LV0 and LV1. I've also dumped the NAND without removing it or a modchip.

3 years, 2 months, 11 days...that's a pretty secure system

Took 5 weeks, 3 in Boston, 2 here, very simple hardware cleverly applied, and some not so simple software.

Shout out to George Kharrat from iPhoneMod Brasil for giving me this PS3 a year and a half ago to hack. Sorry it took me so long :)

As far as the exploit goes, I'm not revealing it yet. The theory isn't really patchable, but they can make implementations much harder. Also, for obvious reasons I can't post dumps. I'm hoping to find the decryption keys and post them, but they may be embedded in hardware. Hopefully keys are setup like the iPhone's KBAG.

A lot more to come...follow @geohot on twitter
http://geohotps3.blogspot.com/2010/01/hello-hypervisor-im-geohot.html

this is totally legit. it means that ps3 will be able to play downloaded games soon like the psp, wii, ds, ps2, xbox, and 360.

Stream:

D

DeadMemories

well you cant DL them but you can get free games really easy

Stream:

D

DeadMemories

no lol just like you can with the wii just put a homebrew software in your ps3 and you can DL games from foreign country sites and play them on a burnd disc

Stream:

DM KNIGHTParikh

KAMIKAZEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Founding Member
NO YOU CAN'T. Ask Blazer, he knows a lotta shit about this stuff and he'll say no.

Stream:

DM ToRNaDo412

PSN: xFouR1TwOx
....no. the homebrew software that you're talking about is THIS that i just posted. there has been nothing about this yet until now.

Stream:

DM Lordlander

Founder
Founding Member
NO YOU CANT YES I CAN NO YOU CANT YES I CAN NO YOU CANT YES I CAN YES I CAN YES I CAN!!!

Stream:

D

DeadMemories

no this is a cfw my sister had a homebrew with her ps3 but unfortunately her kids destroyed it so she got a wii and homebrewed that

Stream:

DM Toonaami

<span style="font-weight:bold;color:red;background
there was no homebrew for PS3. only read and write code. and run linux on it. thats it