Deus Ex’s Adam Jensen was Originally Far Cry 3's Jason Brody

Stream:

News Bot

Your News Bitch
Console: Headset:
Proving that playing a memorable character can be both a blessing and a curse, Deus Ex: Human Revolution voice actor*Elias Toufexis spent two years recording dialogue for Far Cry 3 protagonist Jason Brody before he was pulled from the project.
Speaking at the MCM Comic Con in London, Toufexis revealed Ubisoft feared gamers would associate him too much with Deus Ex: HR protagonist Adam Jensen.

“I played him for two years, " explained Toufexis. "Did the voice and when Deus Ex came out they replaced me because they were nervous that… ‘we don’t want people playing this game and thinking of another game.’
“It’s justifiable,” he added, “it’s understandable, but my normal voice is what I used for that character too. So now it’s like I’m losing work because Jensen is so popular.”
Ubisoft hired*Gianpaolo Venuta, whose previous voice acting credits included work on Assassin's Creed II and Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, to replace Toufexis as Brody.
via Xbox360achievements.
Lucy O'Brien is Entertainment Editor at IGN AU. Follow her ramblings on*IGN*or*Twitter.

More...