Assassin's Creed 3, fuck yeah!

Stream:

DM CptReilly

He's fizzy, he's ginger
Founder
Console: Headset:
Reveal Trailer (UK pfftchchchch!)

[youtube]BVUMPrv8oRw[/youtube]

If you haven't played the first three games, I highly recommend them. Really cool story, gameplay, and graphics. I need to take my own advice and finish Revelations.

This should inspire you to want to play the others:

[youtube]mVWhWsgHzKM[/youtube]

I'm sure they will make a sweet trailer like that for AC3, can't wait!

Stream:

DM Deathrow

<span style="font-weight:bold;color:lime;backgroun
[youtube]rbtemHPQe0Q[/youtube]

Some IGN footage.

Stream:

DM Deathrow

[youtube]2mRSlND9De0[/youtube]

So fucking badass!

Stream:

DM TStreets

SC4 Commander
Founding Member
yeah I've. beaten every game in the assassins creed series and I gotta say I can't wait til AC3. crazy ass story which has a 12/21/12 twist to it if you've played them.

Stream:

DM Deathrow

[youtube]EiVJG_mrtFo[/youtube]

parkour! lol

Stream:

DM CptReilly

He's fizzy, he's ginger
Founder
Oh sweet baby Jesus that's good.

That gif changes a lot, being able to cut through buildings like that is going to be awesome!

Stream:

DM Deathrow

[youtube]tsLO8GgA-P4[/youtube]

Stream:

DM Deathrow

[youtube]y2dWSQIeAIw[/youtube]

ACIII Multiplayer video

Stream:

DM CptReilly

He's fizzy, he's ginger
Founder
So Gamestop has their special edition for pre-order and it comes with the following bonus items:

• A stunning 9.44" Assassin statue featuring Connor poised to strike with tomahawk and hidden blade.
  • An embroidered 28"x 48" Assassin's Creed-inspired colonial flag.
  • A 3"x3.25" sturdy metal belt buckle to proudly proclaim your allegiance to the Assassins.
  • George Washington's Notebook, revealing the truth & secrets about the Assassins and the Templars during the American Revolution.

For... $120

That price seems a bit steep at first glance, but is anyone considering the special edition anyway?

I am thinking about it. That flag is really goddam cool.

Stream:

DM Raiden

Darken_Raiden
Founder
Founding Member
Addict
I just pre-ordered regular edition, the special edition isn't worth $120 imo.

Stream:

DM CptReilly

He's fizzy, he's ginger
Founder
So did anyone get this yet? Thoughts so far?

Last year I waited until Black Friday to grab AC: Rev and I was able to get it for $35. I'm thinking about doing that for AC3 now too just because I assume I will be playing BO2.

Stream:

DM God§ H3®o

Edin Džeko
Does this game follow the other games storylines? I never was interested in the series until I saw the commercials for this one, so is it worth getting if you haven't played the other ones?

Stream:

DM FlyMEXboy

DM mohh1 OG
Founding Member
Does this game follow the other games storylines? I never was interested in the series until I saw the commercials for this one, so is it worth getting if you haven't played the other ones?
depends what you mean by follow the storyline, the series is suppose to follow Desmond's journey to understand the messages left behind. however each game follows an ancestor of his and what happens in that specific time frame.

the ending wasn't so bad, long cut scenes yes, but it was alright. they could have done more but considering how it hasn't happened yet i could see were they were skeptic about putting in more.

EDIT: OK after watching the liberation ending it seems like they know what they wanted to do. will be interesting to see if they carry it out though.

Stream:

DM CptReilly

He's fizzy, he's ginger
Founder
I haven't played AC3 yet but if it is anything like the others, the story is very important and the game won't make whole lot of sense without playing through the others (at least AC1, 2 and Brotherhood).

Also, those earlier games are freaking awesome, I recommend playing through them. Revelations is a cool addition to the series but I feel like its mostly a device to wrap up a few loose ends and explain what happens to the ancestors later in life. It doesn't add a lot of necessary plot points to the main story.

Stream:

DM Deathrow

ACIII sells 7 million units worldwide.

Today, Ubisoft announced that Assassin’s Creed III is the fastest-selling game in the company’s history, with total sell-through topping the 7 million mark worldwide just one month after its release.

Fans have wasted no time exploring the game’s open world, and getting involved in the action-packed story. In solo missions alone, players have accumulated more than 82 centuries of gaming time and committed more than 3 billion assassinations. The deadly action continues in the multiplayer, where more than twice as many players have joined the multiplayer mode compared to Assassin’s Creed Revelations. To date, more than 250 million assassinations have been performed in more than 5 billion multiplayer sessions.

“The reception for Assassin’s Creed III has been exceptional, and this success has positioned the game among the best sellers of the 2012 holiday season” said Tony Key, senior vice president of sales and marketing, Ubisoft. “We knew we had something special on our hands when Assassin’s Creed III was launched, and we’re really excited and proud to see how much fans are enjoying the latest installment in the franchise.”