A side effect of gaming..

Stream:

DM Hunt3r

PSN = Hunterish__dM
Founding Member
Console: Headset:
So I went to the doctors office the other day with pain in both of my hands. It turns out that I have moderate "playstation thumb" in both of my hands because of gaming. Sounds dumb as hell right? Well it's a form of something called Repetitive strain injury (RSI). It's caused by the awkward positioning of the hands on a playstation remote and/or psp. For me it's in both of my thumbs, likely from the constant use of the thumbsticks. The symptoms include severe muscle cramps periodically, especially during times of gaming. I told him that quitting gaming was not an option at the moment, so he told me that the best thing I could do was to ice it every once in a while and stretch it constantly. So a warning to all fellow DM and gamers, make sure you take breaks every once in a while and make sure you're stretching. :)

Stream:

DM Psycotic

Motherlovers....UNITE!
Founding Member
we know already about RSI;p
it can happen from using the computer, playing an instrument.
its not a big deal, really. i play the guitar, i play psp, ps3, im on the computer all day... no biggie.
and when i say i do all this stuff, i do it for large periods of time...

Stream:

DM Hunt3r

PSN = Hunterish__dM
Founding Member
we know already about RSI;p
it can happen from using the computer, playing an instrument.
its not a big deal, really. i play the guitar, i play psp, ps3, im on the computer all day... no biggie.
and when i say i do all this stuff, i do it for large periods of time...
Well I play the Viola, and I have for 7 years. I'm minoring in music in college. 3/4 of my day revolve around music, video games, baseball, and writing. So yeah, it's quite a big deal to me if I can hardly bare the pain in my thumbs the whole day.

Stream:

DM Hunt3r

PSN = Hunterish__dM
Founding Member
I'm left handed and was never taught to write correctly and my thumb is what I primarily use to write.

Stream:

DM Psycotic

Motherlovers....UNITE!
Founding Member
lol you know what you should do?
take a rest. like for a week. dont put so much force on the pen, and stuff...
happens to me all the time.
about a week later, im good;p

TAKE YO VITAMINS!

Stream:

DM Hunt3r

PSN = Hunterish__dM
Founding Member
lol you know what you should do?
take a rest. like for a week. dont put so much force on the pen, and stuff...
happens to me all the time.
about a week later, im good;p

TAKE YO VITAMINS!
I take a one a day for men every day lol. Gets me like 1000% worth of every vitamin there is and I hear it helps a mans' semen. ;D

Stream:

DM Raiden

Darken_Raiden
Founder
Founding Member
Addict
been gaming since i was three, play basketball once in a while, use my laptop almost everyday, and i never had this problem...except gaming kinda messed up my eyes

Stream:

DM FlyMEXboy

DM mohh1 OG
Founding Member
Yea dude it's the psp trust, I've played everything and the psp is the only thing that made my hands cramp up, that and a broken x button..... But yea just crack ur fingers and you should be good

Stream:

DM Hunt3r

PSN = Hunterish__dM
Founding Member
Yea dude it's the psp trust, I've played everything and the psp is the only thing that made my hands cramp up, that and a broken x button..... But yea just crack ur fingers and you should be good
Oh I know it's the PSP. Fucking sony just because your hands are tiny over there in Japan doesn't mean you should ship tiny PSP's to america...

Stream:

DM DHomeboy

The King. 普
lmao hunt, and Mex popping ya fingers can result in severe authoritis (how ever u spell it) in the futuer. so u may solve this prob now, and temporarily but ur fucking ur knuckels over in the future

Stream:

DM FlyMEXboy

DM mohh1 OG
Founding Member
It doesn't cause arthritis, put to much stress over the years in one area of your body causes arthritis u dee dee dee

Stream:

DM firevice

I'm The Lawl Enforcer
Founder
Addict
prime example of why xbox analog sticks > ps3 analog sticks

Stream:

DM Viktomize

The Flyers Are The Best™
lmao hunt, and Mex popping ya fingers can result in severe authoritis (how ever u spell it) in the futuer. so u may solve this prob now, and temporarily but ur fucking ur knuckels over in the future
Cracking your fingers has been proved to have no links whatsoever to arthritis.

Stream:

DM Sandman

DM's Personal Terrorist
Well I play the Viola, and I have for 7 years. I'm minoring in music in college. 3/4 of my day revolve around music, video games, baseball, and writing. So yeah, it's quite a big deal to me if I can hardly bare the pain in my thumbs the whole day.
i believe u forgot masterbating ;)

jk bro, im sorry to hear this man. just take care of urself, and just slow it down a bit

Stream:

DM 951RPN

Founder
Addict
i hear you Hunt, i had that same shit happen to me, i stopped playing my psp for like 2 days, and then i just kind of took breaks like your doc told you and now im coo, although sometimes i still get some pain