A Mosque in NYC?! MADNESS!

Stream:

Console: Headset:
look i understand one thing not everyone will agree on this. In my opinion its a bad idea but see no problem in letting them do it. hell if it was a mistake we will learn from it. but the negative side for this is I dont agree on it as well for the simple fact its a disgrace to all who died in 9/11 and those who survived through it. im sorry most of them probably dont agree with this at all and i really dont blame them. But at the same time that would be sterotyping and thats just stupid. But knowing that well people all around are stereotyping and thats why its hard to make decisions because someone will do something stupid whether or not its built.

Stream:

DM xAsSaSsiiNo-

Requiescat in pace
Founding Member
Sticky sticky sticky topic.

It'd be the right thing to build it.
Citizens are going to go crazy though, throwing shit. Ruining it..

Look at this for a chance.. Confederate flag.. Go down south and you see 912438098 of them.. People don't let that shit go.

You really think New Yorkers are gonna put up with that shit? No way.

Go to a Yankee's game and you'll see what I mean. People there are fucking crazy man, shits gonna go down if they build this. Watch.

Now don't bitch at me with all these " Political views " and knowledge and bull shit. Truth be told, it's the right thing to do. BUT it will cause many problems.

I am SK and I approve this message.
umm i live in the deep south and ppl have there own reasons for havin that flag. Ppl who say they fly it to promote slavery or anything related to it are as dumb ass the fuckin wall behind me right now. just sayin

Stream:

DM MeNTaLiST

Former FTB3 Commander
Founding Member
Agreed.^

is agontism (or wat ever its called) or atheism considered religious beliefs? those dont realy believe in God
Touché. I suppose not. But, from what I've seen, atheists aren't as easily offended as religious people.

Stream:

DM Michigan

Founder
Founding Member
Addict
i gotta agree :]

To The Sim Cave!...
umm i live in the deep south and ppl have there own reasons for havin that flag. Ppl who say they fly it to promote slavery or anything related to it are as dumb ass the fuckin wall behind me right now. just sayin
I couldn't disagree with that more. That flag is terribly synonymous with racism because that's what separated the union from the confederacy. Case and point: how many black people do you see waving the confederate flag around. Idgaf what you say the flag means now it's completely disrespectful to African Americans because it symbolizes a time were slavery was acceptable. This is like waving around a Nazi Germany flag. AGAIN YOU HAVE GHE RIGHT TO DO IT AS AN AMERICAN but to say it's not racist is naive at the very least

Stream:

DM MeNTaLiST

Former FTB3 Commander
Founding Member
It represents a racist view to the casual onlooker, but most of the time, or at least part of the time, there aren't racist intentions behind it.

Stream:

RizZaHReCToR

The Enemy of Mankind
ok.

We first have to draw a key distinction: the difference between "can be done" and "should be done."
It is the Constitutional right of any American to have a place of religious worship regardless of location or religious affiliation.
In this particular situation, its probably not a good idea to have an Islamic Culture Center there, simply because of all the bad press (speaking strictly from a PR point of view).

So it can be done, but it probably shouldn't.

Personally, I wouldn't say that I want it to be built for it makes no difference to me if there is one more mosque in lower Manhattan. But the OPTION to build this place can not be taken away by any kind of government institution. The choice to not build this place has to come from the guy planning this.

What kind of message would this send?
That America holds Freedom of Religion but ONLY for those religions that people agree with? That Freedom Religion is only for those religions that don't "offend" anyone?
or maybe we're trying to say that all religions are responsible for their worst assholes. If that was the case, i will be protesting all Catholic Churches near elementary schools.

Someone said that the city has the ability to declare this place "unsafe" and stop the construction of it. Yes that is true, but you're skipping a step here.
Declaring this place "unsafe" by whatever obscure legal means, would be an unbelievable act of intolerance. Why is this place unsafe? Because there are Muslims there? AND THEYRE PRAYING?!?! or maybe because the place is going to be training Muslim ninjas? Stop being stupid.

Stop being naive. Stop being ignorant.
This isn't about the "safety" of the city, or being disrespected by a reminder of the attack.

It's about a growing intolerance towards Muslims, an infringement upon the God given rights of the Constitution.
Turn on your tv, listen to Sarah Palin, Glenn Beck, etc.
Listen to their nasty hate speeches seep into your ears and you will know what this about.

They, and everyone else against this, do not oppose a Muslim center, they do not oppose Muslim mosques, they oppose Muslims.
This needs to stop.

The remainder of this post will serve to dispel some of the atrocious lies I've seen here:

There are no "cases" in Congress. Cases are in the Supreme Court.

The Pledge says "god." yes. History lesson: This phrase was not part of the original Pledge. It was added sometime during the Cold War (1950s, I believe) by a resolution in Congress to distance ourselves from the Soviets. The Soviet Union's government was based off Atheism. The United States government was (originally intended) to be based off Deism, which is a belief in a Supreme Being but not an organized religion. So this term does not refer to the "God" of any one religion, but rather an over arching spiritual entity, one that "those damn Soviets" did not adhere to (making them seem kinda ruthless and evil).

Prayer is allowed in public schools, its just not allowed to be institutionalized. Ex. As a teacher, I'm allowed to pray at my desk before class starts. But I'm not allowed to lead the class in prayer before class starts.
Now, this isn't followed by a lot of school districts. Guess what? those districts are unconstitutional. It's a damn shame most kids our age don't know their rights.

yes Gr8ness, its a matter of opinion. But an opinion that is founded on a terrible understanding of the situation, as well as horrible misconceptions and bad logic, is completely wrong. Also, all opinions are subject to rigorous opposition, it is how the intellectual community works: You have an idea, you explain it, and others try to prove you wrong. If they cannot, then congrats, you had a good idea.

Contrary to what he might tell you, Killa is a fuckin idiot.

You cannot possibly equate a mosque to a statue of Hitler. Hitler was the embodiment of the Nazi revolution, he was the one advocating all those evil acts.
In this case, you cannot say that Islam = terrorists.
A vanishingly small percent* of Muslims are radical, just as a vanishingly small percent of Germans/Austrians were responsible for the Holocaust.
A more fitting example would be to equate building a mosque to building a statue of an Austrian dude. NOW you see it better.

*keep in mind, Islam has well over a Billion followers. How many followers does Al Qaeda have? exactly.

I'm done.
-LSG

Stream:

DM Sandman

DM's Personal Terrorist
yea i see wat u mean Mentalist, and from my expiereinces, atheists are much more tolerant of religion

Rizz once again ur logic prevails, backed up with evidence. i enjoyed that part about killa, because he is a dumbass

Stream:

DM Blazer

BulletProof
Founding Member
I am muslim and kinda follow the news as much as i can. When i first heard this i was thinking about how the families felt and the right muslims have to pray wherever you want. Here are some facts for your guys, there are 500 muslim NYPD officers, 83 muslims lost their lives in 9/11, there are about 15,000 muslims in Americas military including my cousin who is in the army.

There is also another thing, the families that died should get mad about it because it was an evil form of "islam" which killed so many people. Al Qaeda is not muslim because in the quran it says, its a sin to kill people, you are supposed to save people. The thing people are mad about is that people think all muslims are bad which is why people are going crazy.

But people don't think that what if you were in trouble and a cop came to save you and he was muslim, you would take thier help because people don't think about it in special situations.

Same thing goes with the military, you have muslims portecting the constitution of the united states and when you are in the military, your fellow soldier won't say don't help me cuz you are muslim. If a doctor or EMS was muslim would you say no, ill wait for a non muslim?

People live at home and don't open their eyes. Its about 3 blocks away and ground zero can't be seen from the building, and the building is more than a mosque, its like a YMCA.

Another thing that pisses me off is that church that is like anti everything. They went to a funeral of a soldier and said that their son was going to go to hell for being in the war.

The mosque should be made their but people are not going to let it go away so its just best if the mosque is moved.

Stream:

DM Michigan

Founder
Founding Member
Addict
ok.

We first have to draw a key distinction: the difference between "can be done" and "should be done."
It is the Constitutional right of any American to have a place of religious worship regardless of location or religious affiliation.
In this particular situation, its probably not a good idea to have an Islamic Culture Center there, simply because of all the bad press (speaking strictly from a PR point of view).

So it can be done, but it probably shouldn't.

Personally, I wouldn't say that I want it to be built for it makes no difference to me if there is one more mosque in lower Manhattan. But the OPTION to build this place can not be taken away by any kind of government institution. The choice to not build this place has to come from the guy planning this.

What kind of message would this send?
That America holds Freedom of Religion but ONLY for those religions that people agree with? That Freedom Religion is only for those religions that don't "offend" anyone?
or maybe we're trying to say that all religions are responsible for their worst assholes. If that was the case, i will be protesting all Catholic Churches near elementary schools.

Someone said that the city has the ability to declare this place "unsafe" and stop the construction of it. Yes that is true, but you're skipping a step here.
Declaring this place "unsafe" by whatever obscure legal means, would be an unbelievable act of intolerance. Why is this place unsafe? Because there are Muslims there? AND THEYRE PRAYING?!?! or maybe because the place is going to be training Muslim ninjas? Stop being stupid.

Stop being naive. Stop being ignorant.
This isn't about the "safety" of the city, or being disrespected by a reminder of the attack.

It's about a growing intolerance towards Muslims, an infringement upon the God given rights of the Constitution.
Turn on your tv, listen to Sarah Palin, Glenn Beck, etc.
Listen to their nasty hate speeches seep into your ears and you will know what this about.

They, and everyone else against this, do not oppose a Muslim center, they do not oppose Muslim mosques, they oppose Muslims.
This needs to stop.

The remainder of this post will serve to dispel some of the atrocious lies I've seen here:

There are no "cases" in Congress. Cases are in the Supreme Court.

The Pledge says "god." yes. History lesson: This phrase was not part of the original Pledge. It was added sometime during the Cold War (1950s, I believe) by a resolution in Congress to distance ourselves from the Soviets. The Soviet Union's government was based off Atheism. The United States government was (originally intended) to be based off Deism, which is a belief in a Supreme Being but not an organized religion. So this term does not refer to the "God" of any one religion, but rather an over arching spiritual entity, one that "those damn Soviets" did not adhere to (making them seem kinda ruthless and evil).

Prayer is allowed in public schools, its just not allowed to be institutionalized. Ex. As a teacher, I'm allowed to pray at my desk before class starts. But I'm not allowed to lead the class in prayer before class starts.
Now, this isn't followed by a lot of school districts. Guess what? those districts are unconstitutional. It's a damn shame most kids our age don't know their rights.

yes Gr8ness, its a matter of opinion. But an opinion that is founded on a terrible understanding of the situation, as well as horrible misconceptions and bad logic, is completely wrong. Also, all opinions are subject to rigorous opposition, it is how the intellectual community works: You have an idea, you explain it, and others try to prove you wrong. If they cannot, then congrats, you had a good idea.

Contrary to what he might tell you, Killa is a fuckin idiot.

You cannot possibly equate a mosque to a statue of Hitler. Hitler was the embodiment of the Nazi revolution, he was the one advocating all those evil acts.
In this case, you cannot say that Islam = terrorists.
A vanishingly small percent* of Muslims are radical, just as a vanishingly small percent of Germans/Austrians were responsible for the Holocaust.
A more fitting example would be to equate building a mosque to building a statue of an Austrian dude. NOW you see it better.

*keep in mind, Islam has well over a Billion followers. How many followers does Al Qaeda have? exactly.

I'm done.
-LSG
Everything I said put in one post.

And about kill4 I was debating this with him in the chatbox and he believes that this is conspiracy where the CIA will use this mosque to plan terrorists attacks against our own country because the CIA brags about terrorist attacks it planned. Lmao to all of that because that's literally what he said.

Stream:

DM Michigan

Founder
Founding Member
Addict
If you really want to get angry watch fox news. They're now debating the Muslim belief of sharia law and go way off track to try to find an arguing point

Stream:

DM xAsSaSsiiNo-

Requiescat in pace
Founding Member
I couldn't disagree with that more. That flag is terribly synonymous with racism because that's what separated the union from the confederacy. Case and point: how many black people do you see waving the confederate flag around. Idgaf what you say the flag means now it's completely disrespectful to African Americans because it symbolizes a time were slavery was acceptable. This is like waving around a Nazi Germany flag. AGAIN YOU HAVE GHE RIGHT TO DO IT AS AN AMERICAN but to say it's not racist is naive at the very least

Ur an idiot. That flag is the BATTLE FLAG not the flag representing the Confederacy. And if you knew ur history as well as you claim to then you would know that the generals themselves such as General Lee, Stonewall Jackson didnt fight for slavery. They were in fact completely against it. They fought for there homes. Not slaves. If you dont believe me then look it up. Plz do not argue with me on this because i am 100% sure i know more about this than you do. Im majoring in history in college and not only that i live in Alabama which was home to the first fucking capitol of the Confederacy. The disagreement that led to the civil war was slavery but in the end that was not why it was fought. Blacks would have been freed anyway. It was not until the north invaded the south and attacked our homes did we rebel no longer with words and diplomacy, but with force. To say that that flag represents slavery and oppression shows how ignorant you are.

Stream:

DM Sandman

DM's Personal Terrorist
dude Brutal, ur right, they did fight for their homes. and thats the way it was all the way. but they never completely opposed the idea of freeingslaves, they just felt that it would just cause more controversy. and even after Lincoln made the Emancipation Proclamation, the generals still fought for the north, knowing full well that they were now fighting for a second reason. well its more like they were fighting with that as another thing/ rule/ right on their shoulders.

and as for the flag. in the south it maybe to show strength in battle, but to everyone else in the world it still shows the way people used to be horribly treated. and when someone raises that type of flag proudly, it will say something about that person. now whether those people are right or wrong, it is wat they think of that flag along with those people waving it. just like how alot of people think of muslims, that because a small group of them are radicals, that means that all of us are planning to blow up the rest of the world.

and this killa guy is one hell of an idiot. he is saying two of our smartest DM dont know shit, and then he cant even back up his own examples properly. its really annoying

P.S. i just want who ever is reading this to kno that the 9/11 attack was done for a different reason than wat almost everyone thinks.

Stream:

IvIe_Shoot_You

Corporal
its not a bad idea but its not an idea that people will look at and shout hooray

It might upset people who lost loved ones in the 9/11 attack...which i still think was a conspiracy of the us government! :doh:

Stream:

DM xFantin

Retired Canadian
Founder
Addict
We all have the same intelligence capacity saying some one is smarter over another one.Claiming superior wisdom is false,Seperations of intellects,injustified toward one's nature.And how am I dumb when Mich comes to me with jokes and doesn't look at the facts.Please watch the film TerrorStorm on Youtube all Im asking.It's 2 hours long,you dont have to watch it one day,you can watch it part by part.It's not a conspiracy theory it provides facts.Debunk it and I will stfu.lol
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=4 cellPadding=3 width="100%"><TBODY><TR class=tr1 vAlign=top><TD class=td1 colSpan=2>wisdom (ˈwɪzdəm) </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD colSpan=2></TD></TR><TR class=tr2 vAlign=top><TD class=td2 colSpan=2>— n </TD></TR><TR class=tr3 vAlign=top><TD class=td3n1 width="1%" align=right>1. </TD><TD class=td3n2>the ability or result of an ability to think and act utilizing knowledge, experience, understanding, common sense, and insight </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

You think everyone has the same amount of wisdom? You think that everyone has the same amount of experiance in every situation? If evryone had the same intelligence capacity/wisdom, then we would all be doctors, lawyers, and gods.

How come everyone doesnt get80% in school? Its because not everyone has the same capacity to retain the information that was tought.

I dont agree with anything youve said, but that comment told me that you truly are retarded.

Stream:

DM_Nathan

Nathan0915
We all have the same intelligence capacity saying some one is smarter over another one.Claiming superior wisdom is false,Seperations of intellects,injustified toward one's nature.And how am I dumb when Mich comes to me with jokes and doesn't look at the facts.Please watch the film TerrorStorm on Youtube all Im asking.It's 2 hours long,you dont have to watch it one day,you can watch it part by part.It's not a conspiracy theory it provides facts.Debunk it and I will stfu.lol
lucky dice?

Stream:

RizZaHReCToR

The Enemy of Mankind
Mich stop theorizing fool.I said that cia.gov has openly bragged about doing terroist plots.Example they brag about bombing mosques,houses,schools,hospitals in Iran and blaming it on political leaders,and carrying terroist plots across the world.It's in there own documents.And Riza,Man you stupid as cattle fuka.Comparing a thing that has terrorized another place and building a Statue,Mosque,Castle..etc in the place that has been terrorized/destroyed by the thing is logic.Your just mixing basics with your specific history
Really? that's your reply to what i said?
That doesn't even make sense. I can barely make out what your trying to say.
And you have the nerve to say that I don't know shit? You type as if you're intoxicated. You think as if you've never been to school.
I don't even know you and i can already tell some very important things about you.
1. You go to a terrible school. You have very little world knowledge and no ability to reason.
2. Whoever raised you did a terrible job. You have no understanding of other people. I'm not going to assume it was your parents, because I'd like to think that a mother and father would love their child a bit more than to allow them to fall into such an impressive level of ignorance.

"Comparing a thing that has terrorized another place and building a Statue,Mosque,Castle..etc in the place that has been terrorized/destroyed by the thing is logic."

Did you even read the part where i discuss your Hitler metaphor?
You cannot possibly say America has been "terrorized" by the religion of Islam. America has been terrorized by radical militants that believe in a very corrupted form of Islam.

So an Islamic Cultural Center DOES NOT represent those terrorists.
The Center DOES represent Islamic people, who are very much innocent.

I want you to read that^ preferably with someone helping you. Because I think that concept has been too much for you to understand.

"in the place that has been terrorized/destroyed by the thing"

This second part is a tremendous logical fallacy. You say you can't have this center in "the place."
It isn't on Ground Zero. It's a few blocks away. If you go to the spot where the Center will be built, you'll find that you can't even SEE Ground Zero from there.
but is it still too close?
At what point does it become okay?

Out of Lower Manhattan? Out of NYC? Out of the East Coast?

READ A FUCKING NEWSPAPER. oh wait, you have the literacy level of a 6 year old, the New York Times might be a bit too much for you. Something easier, watch the News (NOT YOUTUBE).

You will see that these kinds of protests are happening all over the country. EVERYWHERE. From LA, to Wisconsin, to Louisiana, and everywhere in between. There is a tremendous surge of anti-Islamic sentiments.
Because faggots like you who can't think like normal fuckin human beings.

And I find it very funny that you say that I don't know anything, and yet you don't respond to the other points I made. You don't try to SHOW that I'm wrong, you just say that I'm wrong.
What's wrong?
Don't know about Constitutional Law to fight me on the "prayer in schools" topic?
Don't know enough U.S. History to fight me on the "Pledge of Allegiance" topic?
Don't know enough about the scientific method to challenge me on what an opinion means?

Oh no, your knowledge is limited to loony conspiracy theories that you probably picked up from some stupid, completely false youtube video made by some crazy guy in his basement.
Read a book. You'll learn a bit more than stupid fairy tales.

(10 char)

Stream:

BUHFALO

General
who gives a shit. either way the place will get vandalized. so yeah im done