A couple Vita questions!

Stream:

DM MeNTaLiST

Former FTB3 Commander
Founding Member
Console: Headset:
First off, I'm scheduled to get my Vita around early/mid-April. :D

Anyways, I was wondering two things and I was hoping some of you guys that already have Vitas could help me out. First, what are some good games to hold me over until the big titles come out? Obviously I'll be getting Resistance, Call of Duty, and Assassin's Creed, but what's good until then?

Second, I know North America doesn't have the UMD program that Japan does..but what about PSP games downloaded from PSN? Can I download those to my Vita?

Stream:

DM Poisoned

@TheLifeLike
Founding Member
1. I say you buy Unit 13, FIFA Soccer, WipEout, and since you're getting your Vita in April, buy LittleBigPlanet. Those games have a high replay value and it will pass the time.

2. You can only download (from your Vita) games that are on the PSN store. You can also, using your PS3, transfer purchases from PSN to Vita. So if a PS1 classic isn't on the Vita store, you can download it on your PS3 and transfer it. This only works for PSN games compatible with PS3.

Stream:

DM Raiden

Darken_Raiden
Founder
Founding Member
Addict
Can you play online multiplayer using 3G or do you need Wi-Fi?

Stream:

DM Poisoned

@TheLifeLike
Founding Member
You CANNOT play online multiplayer with 3G.

With 3G, you can
-Go on the browser
-Go on Near
-Party chat
-Trophies+Friends+Group Messaging

Stream:

DM MeNTaLiST

Former FTB3 Commander
Founding Member
1. I say you buy Unit 13, FIFA Soccer, WipEout, and since you're getting your Vita in April, buy LittleBigPlanet. Those games have a high replay value and it will pass the time.

2. You can only download (from your Vita) games that are on the PSN store. You can also, using your PS3, transfer purchases from PSN to Vita. So if a PS1 classic isn't on the Vita store, you can download it on your PS3 and transfer it. This only works for PSN games compatible with PS3.
I'll probably get Unit 13 and LittleBigPlanet, but I might skip on FIFA and WipEout.

So, specifically: I purchased Assassin's Creed: Bloodlines on my PSP last year. Can I download that title to my Vita? It's a PSN title, and I'm 99% sure it's one of the PSP titles available for Vita play.

Stream:

DM Poisoned

@TheLifeLike
Founding Member
I'll probably get Unit 13 and LittleBigPlanet, but I might skip on FIFA and WipEout.

So, specifically: I purchased Assassin's Creed: Bloodlines on my PSP last year. Can I download that title to my Vita? It's a PSN title, and I'm 99% sure it's one of the PSP titles available for Vita play.
I believe it is not on the Vita store, but I'll check for you and edit my post, letting you know.
Also, list the PSP games you want to download on your Vita and I'll tell you which ones are currently available.
Edit: I was wrong, it is on the Vita store.

Stream:

DM 951RPN

Founder
Addict
coo, so im even closer to getting it, im at $150, $100 to go

Stream:

DM RC-blazer

Oceano4 ಠ_ಠ
Founding Member
How much more expensive os the 3G compared to the wifi one usually? I would check but I'm on my slow ass BB

Stream:

DM MeNTaLiST

Former FTB3 Commander
Founding Member
The 3G version is at least $50 more. I thought you could play online with the 3G..knowing that you can't, it really does seem like a worthless feature.

Stream:

DM DeadlyCobraX

Diesel Technician
Get marvel vs capcom 3 if u like fightin games. Ima get little big planet for mu gf, n mortal kombate

Stream:

DM MeNTaLiST

Former FTB3 Commander
Founding Member
One more question! Mics..does the Vita use a Bluetooth headset? If so, I'll go ahead and invest in one.

Stream:

DM Poisoned

@TheLifeLike
Founding Member
One more question! Mics..does the Vita use a Bluetooth headset? If so, I'll go ahead and invest in one.
That is not necessary, as the mic on the Vita is so much better than the mic on the PSP. Quality is console like, as the voice is extremely crisp, and it picks up voice at a longer range than a normal Xbox 360 headset. All you need is a pair of headphones plugged in because the voices of other people in your PS vita party will echo through your system if the noise is coming out through the speakers. I recommend you buy the starter kit, as it will give you a cloth, headphones, screen protector, headphones, case, and 4gb memory card for simply $40.

Stream:

DM MeNTaLiST

Former FTB3 Commander
Founding Member
My issue with the starter kit is that I wouldn't ever buy headphones, a cloth, or a case..and I really want the 8gb card. So I'm gonna look for a deal online for a 8gb card, and then get a screen protector, and I should be set. I have some nice headphones already.