OUTL4W

gotta light?
Admin
Founder
Addict
Console: Headset:
Hello-

I'm just going to be honest with you.

I don't like talking about the Snipers rifles and what we are going to do or not do. You see, for every reasonable person wishing to engage in a civil dialog, I get an earful from dozens or hundreds more who are unbelievable rude.

However, by far, this is the most common question people ask me about. We said (and I promised) that we would work hard to maintain a dialog with you about the game. So, despite the many ugly replies sure to follow, here I am.

First off, no matter what we do, the hardest core members Quick Scoping community will likely never be completely satisfied. The most common request I get is "...nobody complained how it was in Call of Duty 4 or World at War... make it like that." The people who say that must continue to not believe me when I tell you that we had it like "4 and World at War" a similar number of players were not very happy about it. Why do you think we changed it in the first place?

This is the update you have been asking about. Yes. We will probably make small tweaks to sniper rifles.

(1) We are evaluating the damage and hit box multipliers. Especially, if the weapon is suppressed.
(2) We are moving what many of you refer to as the "sniper rifle patch" into tunables we can adjust easier so that we can do some real-time experimentation

Anything we do is going to be carefully deliberated. Personally, I'm eager to get onto the business of "live tuning" the game, but not if it pushes the pendulum too far in a direction we don't want the game to go.

It will come. But, it will come really slowly (for many of you).

Finally, the sniper tuning conversation starts and stops with you. Act responsible. Get updates and a conversation. Some self-policing will go a long way. Act immature, get nothing.

David 'Vahn' Vonderahaar

via:
http://www.callofduty.com/board/vie...st=0&sk=t&sd=a&sid=u8g6vrkcneu2hkn7pn3065n896

Stream:

DM Deathrow

<span style="font-weight:bold;color:lime;backgroun
And Vahn is right. You can't just make one group happy, it goes either way. On that note however, I seriously think they should remove the breathe in part when sniping.

Stream:

DM Tom

I'm Da Man
idc bout the damage cuz i play hardcore:) one shot one kill:)

Stream:

Velatorix

Founder
I was pissed when I tried using the sniper rifles, I bought all of them and none of them are one shot kills to the chest, not even the L96. As far as I can tell the very few one shot kills I've gotten were because the target was already damaged. The only true one shot kills the game will give you are headshots, and only a sniper rifle will give you a one shot kill to the head, if you're using anything else it seems to take at least 3 bullets to the head before they go down......pathetic.

Stream:

Royal1Wun

Prestige 2
well they need to fix the damage multiplier for headshots...I know myself and many others get extremely tired of hearing a TING when we hit em in the head but they dont die....its extremely annoying because when we hear that we know its a headshot so we subconsiosly stop firing only to find out they are not dead. But other than that I am still confident in the programmers and the team at Treyarch that they do what they feel is best with the game.

Stream:

DM PH

The Boss
Founding Member
none of them are one shot kills to the chest, not even the L96. As far as I can tell the very few one shot kills I've gotten were because the target was already damaged. The only true one shot kills the game will give you are headshots, and only a sniper rifle will give you a one shot kill to the head, if you're using anything else it seems to take at least 3 bullets to the head before they go down......pathetic.
Lol wtf? L96 is one hit kill for me..