Stream:

BUHFALO

General
Console: Headset:
who cares, screw the yankees, prolly paid their way through it

Stream:

D

den24cb

Yea baby! My second favorite team. Wish the rox coulda won it though.

But how about matsui, didnt see that coming at all.

Stream:

Draco_Madness

Corporal
that suxs man i wanted philly to win....damn not fair...it wasnt even an awesome world series it ended to fast......

Stream:

DM CptReilly

He's fizzy, he's ginger
Founder
Congrats to the Yanks, I was really hoping the Rox could get past the Phils in round 1 but w/e next year I guess.

I dont have to be pink anymore w00t!

Stream:

DM Viktomize

The Flyers Are The Best™
Fuck the yankees. The only reason their good is because they over pay their players so bad. Nick Swisher makes 22 million?! Come on with dat....

Yankees 2009 Payroll: 172 Million

Phillies 2009 Payroll: 74 Million

Exactly. The only reason the yankees are good is because they overpay on free agents. Which isn't fair to the rest of the league.

Stream:

DM4L SK

мσѕт dσρє™
It's not our fault Yankees have money?
Good Job Yankees, love ya'll.
It doesn't matter who gets paid more really.. Phillies had key players that didn't do shit like Howard was 3-24 or something like that in the series... It's ok though, 27th world series win, makin it to eassyyy :D

Stream:

DM4L SK

мσѕт dσρє™
Haha yeah WE got lucky, thats why the only pitcher on the Phillies that could beat us was Lee.

Stream:

DM Blazer

BulletProof
Founding Member
just take the loss dont say Yankees got lucky and crap. Hideki Matsui was raping the game 6 with 6 rbi's he got lucky?

Stream:

DM Blazer

BulletProof
Founding Member
Fuck the yankees. The only reason their good is because they over pay their players so bad. Nick Swisher makes 22 million?! Come on with dat....

Exactly. The only reason the yankees are good is because they overpay on free agents. Which isn't fair to the rest of the league.
Yea, we have money and your point is? Sports is a business, CC sabathia isnt going to play on a team that offers 10 million hes a good pitcher and he wants big bucks

Stream:

D

den24cb

Lmfao. Because jeter, pettite, Rivera, and posada all came from the minors and won 4 series in five years. This is their first since 99. Sure they got tex and cc in the off-season. Plus swisher carried the yanks in April so he deserves the money.

The phillies were gonna get halladay mid-season and that woulda cost big money. So don't say the phillies don't have money to blow.

And at least they didn't win with steroids like the red sox did. Yankees are the best team in baseball.

Stream:

RizZaHReCToR

The Enemy of Mankind
Lmfao. Because jeter, pettite, Rivera, and posada all came from the minors and won 4 series in five years. This is their first since 99. Sure they got tex and cc in the off-season. Plus swisher carried the yanks in April so he deserves the money.

The phillies were gonna get halladay mid-season and that woulda cost big money. So don't say the phillies don't have money to blow.

And at least they didn't win with steroids like the red sox did. Yankees are the best team in baseball.
NIck Swisher dos NOT make 22 million. He makes about 5.4 million. I just looked it up. Thats actually very reasonable considering he hit 29 homeruns and had almost 90 RBI.

And the Phillies payroll was 110 million, not 74 million. and they "overpay" players more so than the yankees.
Brett Meyers and Brad Lidge each got 12 million. they had awful years.
Nick Swisher had to be twice as valuable a player than those two combined.
Ryan Howard made 15 million, he was absolutely terrible in the World Series.

and i think i said before that half the Yankee team isnt "bought".
i can name atleast 10 players out of their 25 that came up in the Yankee farm system.

and there is very little correlation between a team's payroll and team's success. The Mets and Cubs were 2nd and 3rd in payroll, and they each had a terrible season.

and if Phillies fans want to keep complaining about payroll, in 2008 the Phillies beat the Tampa Bay Devil rays to win their world series. At that time, the Rays had a payroll of just over 40 million.

110 million vz 40 million
i didnt hear anyone complaining at that. The Phillies are hypocrites. If the Yankees dont deserve their championship, then the Phillies certainly didnt deserve their 2008 championship.

and the yankees money is by no means an "unfair" advantage.
It would be unfair if that money wasn't earned.
George Steinbrenner is not the most wealthy amongst baseball owners.
In fact, he's only about 50 something in Forbes list of Sports Investors.

The difference is that he uses the money created by the franchise to improve the team.
whereas other owners simply pocket the money for themselves. Don't blame the Yankees for having money, blame the other owners for not giving the fans back their money.

The Cubs, until this past year, were owned by the Tribune Company.
Look them up, i guarantee you they have more than enough money to invest in a 200 million dollar baseball team.

THe Yankees get their money from their fans. The fans that fill every last of the 50,000 seats in Yankee Stadium, that buy all the jerseys, caps, mugs, hotdogs, and all the other shit that the franchise sells.

Is it unfair that the Yankees have such loyal, dedicated fans?
Is it unfair that their ownership rewards the fans by giving them back their money in the form of an improved team?
Is it unfair that the Yankee ownership is determined to improve their team, more so than the ownership of other teams?

Absolutely not.

Stream:

DM Viktomize

The Flyers Are The Best™
NIck Swisher dos NOT make 22 million. He makes about 5.4 million. I just looked it up. Thats actually very reasonable considering he hit 29 homeruns and had almost 90 RBI.

And the Phillies payroll was 110 million, not 74 million. and they "overpay" players more so than the yankees.
Brett Meyers and Brad Lidge each got 12 million. they had awful years.
Nick Swisher had to be twice as valuable a player than those two combined.
Ryan Howard made 15 million, he was absolutely terrible in the World Series.

and i think i said before that half the Yankee team isnt "bought".
i can name atleast 10 players out of their 25 that came up in the Yankee farm system.

and there is very little correlation between a team's payroll and team's success. The Mets and Cubs were 2nd and 3rd in payroll, and they each had a terrible season.

and if Phillies fans want to keep complaining about payroll, in 2008 the Phillies beat the Tampa Bay Devil rays to win their world series. At that time, the Rays had a payroll of just over 40 million.

110 million vz 40 million
i didnt hear anyone complaining at that. The Phillies are hypocrites. If the Yankees dont deserve their championship, then the Phillies certainly didnt deserve their 2008 championship.

and the yankees money is by no means an "unfair" advantage.
It would be unfair if that money wasn't earned.
George Steinbrenner is not the most wealthy amongst baseball owners.
In fact, he's only about 50 something in Forbes list of Sports Investors.

The difference is that he uses the money created by the franchise to improve the team.
whereas other owners simply pocket the money for themselves. Don't blame the Yankees for having money, blame the other owners for not giving the fans back their money.

The Cubs, until this past year, were owned by the Tribune Company.
Look them up, i guarantee you they have more than enough money to invest in a 200 million dollar baseball team.

THe Yankees get their money from their fans. The fans that fill every last of the 50,000 seats in Yankee Stadium, that buy all the jerseys, caps, mugs, hotdogs, and all the other shit that the franchise sells.

Is it unfair that the Yankees have such loyal, dedicated fans?
Is it unfair that their ownership rewards the fans by giving them back their money in the form of an improved team?
Is it unfair that the Yankee ownership is determined to improve their team, more so than the ownership of other teams?

Absolutely not.

Lol... I didn't do research on it. I went by what the announcers said. Nice facts there. Congratz to the yankees. :fullofshit:

Stream:

DM PH

The Boss
Founding Member
i lost 5 dollars on this series :(

its all good tho Padres gonna win it next year so watch out :D