Sub Help

Stream:

DM firevice

I'm The Lawl Enforcer
Founder
Addict
Console: Headset:
Hey I need some help in deciding what kind of subwoofers I should get for my car. First of all, I have a 2007 4-door Subaru Impreza (sedan).

I need to decide from these options:
  • Two 10"
  • Two 12"
  • One 12"
  • One 15"
Also, I need a brand and amp (size/brand). Right now I'm looking into Kicker and Renegade.

My problem with the decision is how much I'll be getting out of them. I don't want to spend a ton of money on subs that I use on the lowest setting, that would be a waste.

Basically I need something that will not be too much for my little suby and that I can use most of the power with.

Any and all help is appreciated.

Oh, and here's a pic of my car, not that it helps:

Stream:

DM RiCo ♛

[YARB] Bieber Fever!!!
Founding Member
You gotta take alot of things in consideration before you choose shit, like if you wana be pounding, or just upgraded sound, also wat kinda music u listen to. Um do u have space for two or one. There really isnt anything that is too much if you dont go cheap. Between kicker and renegade, id get Renegade Subs, kicker are more common but i dont like the bass they put out, i think rengade is better. Amp depends on $$$ and the subs' RMS. I personally love Alpine for anything audio. Also make sure you buy good wires, i hate wen ppl get the cheap ones. Your ginna hook it up or u gettin it proffesionally done?

Do u have anythin done on ur subaru?

Stream:

Night_Raven-_-

Major General
my lamborghini has a stage 3 engine, racing exhaust, racing air filter, custom transmission ( for drags) , stage 3 turbo, roll cage ( for the bitches), and hella lot more..... too much to name

Stream:

DM firevice

I'm The Lawl Enforcer
Founder
Addict
You gotta take alot of things in consideration before you choose shit, like if you wana be pounding, or just upgraded sound, also wat kinda music u listen to. Um do u have space for two or one. There really isnt anything that is too much if you dont go cheap. Between kicker and renegade, id get Renegade Subs, kicker are more common but i dont like the bass they put out, i think rengade is better. Amp depends on $$$ and the subs' RMS. I personally love Alpine for anything audio. Also make sure you buy good wires, i hate wen ppl get the cheap ones. Your ginna hook it up or u gettin it proffesionally done?

Do u have anythin done on ur subaru?
I wanna be straight pounding. As for music, pretty much dubstep and bass heavy shit such as: [youtube]qlAvZnt8aVk[/youtube]
The subs will definitely be going into the trunk so i have a bit of space. Not sure whether ill have it done professionally or not. so far on my subaru, i had two 6.5" kickers and two 4" kickers as well as a pioneer deck installed. (and a tint job)

Stream:

DM Deathrow

<span style="font-weight:bold;color:lime;backgroun
Alpine is a good brand. A bit pricey if your willing to throw big $$$.

You'll need:
(x1-2)Subwoofers
(x1) Amp
(x1) New Deck (depending if it's really compatible or you already got one)

For subwoofer size, I'd go two 2 10s or two 12s and here's why. Big subwoofers can cause serious damage to your car in case you didn't read up on this already. They can loosen car bolts and screws in your car and before you know it, your car falls apart. It's a fairly new car so you shouldn't have much of a problem, but I think two 15s would just blow your ear drums and then some.

You'll also need enough watts for you Amp to control. A 1500 watt Amp should supply enough to both subwoofers.

Check out Bestbuy, they have some really good technical guys that can help you and they also do installs for a standard price (like $50 or so)

Stream:

DM 951RPN

Founder
Addict
you want to pound you need to get some JL audio speakers and an amp thats .5ohm stable and guarented to get pulled over for disturbing the peace.

Stream:

DM firevice

I'm The Lawl Enforcer
Founder
Addict
Alpine is a good brand. A bit pricey if your willing to throw big $$$.

You'll need:
(x1-2)Subwoofers
(x1) Amp
(x1) New Deck (depending if it's really compatible or you already got one)

For subwoofer size, I'd go two 2 10s or two 12s and here's why. Big subwoofers can cause serious damage to your car in case you didn't read up on this already. They can loosen car bolts and screws in your car and before you know it, your car falls apart. It's a fairly new car so you shouldn't have much of a problem, but I think two 15s would just blow your ear drums and then some.

You'll also need enough watts for you Amp to control. A 1500 watt Amp should supply enough to both subwoofers.

Check out Bestbuy, they have some really good technical guys that can help you and they also do installs for a standard price (like $50 or so)
Just got a new pioneer deck, and if i go big, im only looking at one 15.

9 - what size JL?

Stream:

DM 951RPN

Founder
Addict
JL has a 13.5, i love mine, had it about for a year, that shit hits i can honestly say that my hearing is fucked because of it, but oh well i love music i cant listen to it low just doesnt happen, i also have 2 old 12 jl audio, thats what i had before i got my new one and they dont come close to the 13.5 but if you do go this route make your you get an amp that can handle it and make sure you get a good capacitor cuz your defiently going to need a lot of power to get the best sound out of it.