Votes: 1 10.0%

Votes: 8 80.0%

• Total voters
Stream:

DM Kinger

DM's Biggest Hippie
Founding Member
Console: Headset:
So this is my assessment of The Dark Night Rises (TDKR). Please vote (after you've seen it) on what you personally thought of the movie. And please feel free to voice your opinion.

I never saw the first of this trilogy (Batman Begins), and I saw The Dark Night. I do feel that the Dark Night follows through on it's hype, but this one didn't. The main bad guy in the end wasn't the main bad guy at the beginning. While this was a cool plot twist, it left me with some "dafuq" moments. Although it gave her a reason to side with Bane this bitch needed a leash man, she was running wild. The motives of the antagonists were questionable and not really thought out. They were like "we're gonna make the rich suffer," but in the end every1 is gonna suffer when gotham gets blasted. Also Bane at parts was hard to understand especiallly when he went on rants. And when Christian Bale was batman, he sounded like he had throat cancer. It had cool fighing and Anne Hathaway character (Catwoman/Selina Kyle) was entertaining to watch. I wouldn't really give this movie a 10/10, it's more of a 7/10, or 3.5 stars.

So what do u guys think???

Stream:

DM FlyMEXboy

DM mohh1 OG
Founding Member
you need to watch the first one..... and batman talked like that in all three movies and bane wasn't difficult to understand..... IMO

Stream:

DM CptReilly

He's fizzy, he's ginger
Founder
Watching Batman Begins is absolutely KEY to fully understand what the F is going on in TDKR.

Penis said:
The main bad guy in the end wasn't the main bad guy at the beginning.
If you look at the whole trilogy, I would say that the main bad guy at the end actually IS the main bad guy at the beginning. In BB you have R'as al Ghul leading the League of Shadows to rid the world of civilations that are considered toxic to the rest of the world... by any means necessary (wiping them out. Maybe good in the long run but bad bc all the innocents get caught in the middle). The supposedly immortal R'as dies but in TDKR he appears in a vision and explains that immortality has many forms... he and his ambitions live on through his daughter... who is the "main bad guy" at the end.

I agree that Bane was difficult to understand at times, I blame the theater audio for being so fucking loud and bass-heavy (IMAX).

The Batman voice has been a bit over dramatic through the trilogy lol but it doesnt bother me too much.

Bottom line: kinger, go watch Batman Begins ASAP, it is a classic and it will explain so many confusing things about TDKR.

Stream:

DM Lordlander

Founder
Founding Member
Can you please post a spoiler free review? Or just cut the bits out of this one that doesn't spoil anything? Thanks bud.

Stream:

OUTL4W

gotta light?
Admin
Founder
Addict
yup...bane was hard to understand at times...but I think I'll have to go again and give a 2nd listen to :D The 2hr45min went by fast I thought. so is Robin goin to continue the legend or is BM really alive at end of movie?

Stream:

DM Kinger

DM's Biggest Hippie
Founding Member
Can you please post a spoiler free review? Or just cut the bits out of this one that doesn't spoil anything? Thanks bud.
Alright bud. I get where ur coming from. I'll think of that the next time I do one of these.

yup...bane was hard to understand at times...but I think I'll have to go again and give a 2nd listen to :D The 2hr45min went by fast I thought. so is Robin goin to continue the legend or is BM really alive at end of movie?
Wayne was alive at the end. It's either Alfred was hallucinating or it really happened. And yea it went by reasonably fast. They could've wrapped it up quicker tho.

Stream:

DM Lordlander

Founder
Founding Member
Dammit I totally fucking read that.

Stream:

DM Lordlander

Founder
Founding Member
Wayne was alive at the end. It's either Alfred was hallucinating or it really happened. And yea it went by reasonably fast. They could've wrapped it up quicker tho.
Fuck I read that too. God dammit shit fuck =[

Stream:

DM Raiden

Darken_Raiden
Founder
Founding Member
Addict
*SPOILER*
Alfred wasn't hallucinating, who else would have given Robin the coordinates of the batcave. Batman would have wanted him to take over for him. Also catwoman was with Wayne in the restaurant, they got their fresh start.

Stream:

DM Viktomize

The Flyers Are The Best™
Who else would have given Robin the coordinates of the batcave. Batman would have wanted him to take over for him.
Wow lmao I never realized that was the reason why Robin ended up going there at the end of the movie lol it makes sense. Auto-pilot was key in the end of it all.

Stream:

DM Kinger

DM's Biggest Hippie
Founding Member
*SPOILER*
Alfred wasn't hallucinating, who else would have given Robin the coordinates of the batcave. Batman would have wanted him to take over for him. Also catwoman was with Wayne in the restaurant, they got their fresh start.
I kinda assumed that. But thanks for confirmation

Stream:

DM FlyMEXboy

DM mohh1 OG
Founding Member
DUDE that part was clear as day how can you second guess if it was an illusion. Bruce even tipped his cup

Stream:

DM Psycotic

Motherlovers....UNITE!
Founding Member
best movie I have ever seen. I laughed, I was on the edge of my seat the whole time with my heart pounding and I admit that I cried like a bitch. Batman is a BIG part of my childhood and Sir Nolan has DEFINITELY done it justice.

Regarding Bane: ALMOST perfect. Not quite the villain from the comics, but is definitely strong and not someone you can mess with. He didn't say anything ridiculous and nor did he just grunt single words like "BAAAAAAAAAANE", "BOOOOOMBBB", "STEEEEEP" (Fuck you, Joel Schumacker).
I disliked how he died, and the fact that he really was just a henchman. That could have been improved. His voice was easy to understand for me.

Regarding Batman:
Christian Bale is the perfect Batman. His voice is intimidating and to be feared. He plays Batman and Bruce perfectly and I wouldn't have it any other way. He got over his health issues in the beginning (Caused by the Joker's beating and his fall from TDK) and then got broken. He defied the odds again and got better and got out of the prison, and beat the shit out of Bane. And then of course he saved the day, making people think he's dead and that he really is a hero. I liked that he returned to give Robin the coordinates to the Bat-cave and to fix the floodlight on top of the MCU.
It really tied up most loose ends.

Catwoman:
I liked her portrayal, but she seemed too weak. Could have been better.

The movie as a whole:
Left me dazed. Mind is just blown. Really couldn't have been much better. I need to watch it again.

Also, Kinger, WATCH BATMAN BEGINS YOU FOOL. And Christopher Nolan didn't want to anything related to Robin. He just included 'Robin' in this film to act as a cliffhanger, really.

Stream:

RizZaHReCToR

The Enemy of Mankind
"Robin" was lead to the cave by the package that Wayne left him in his will.
The whole scene where Blake tells the lady (probably some kind of clerk) his real name is him picking up what Wayne left him after he died.

This is important because it shows that the ONLY person that knows that Wayne is still alive is Alfred.

And I like the whole hidden villain thing. Bane was beautifully portrayed, the fact that he was "just a henchmen" does not take away from his badassness.

If anything, it adds alot to his character. He isn't some mindless beast that wants to destroy, he's a human being that really loves someone and is willing to do anything to help that person.

It makes his more real, which is a huge part of the series' success: the fact that all the characters feel so real.

and his voice! OOOOO it was sooooo cool. I loved it.