Somewhat in love.

Stream:

DM MeNTaLiST

Former FTB3 Commander
Founding Member
Console: Headset:
So, I bought a MacBook Pro off of craigslist last week. Less than a year old, in basically perfect condition..I got a great deal on it. The guy had bought it for his last year of school but hardly used it, and hadn't touched it since. It came with a full licensed copy of iLife '11 and iWork '09.

13" display, 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 250GB HD, 4GB memory, NVIDIA GeForce 320M.

I'm a new Mac user, but I've thoroughly enjoyed all the differences between OS X and Windows, so far.

So, my question is..are any of the rest of you guys Mac users? If so, any tips or app/game recommendations?

Stream:

DM Toonaami

<span style="font-weight:bold;color:red;background
I am a mac and PC person, But I use my mac for school all the time.

Good Programs:

Transmission
Frostwire
Mountain tanks
OnyX
Side Note

Need Any help or questions, message me I am a very experienced Mac User.

Stream:

DM MeNTaLiST

Former FTB3 Commander
Founding Member
My entire family uses PCs, so I'm a frequent user of both these days.

I've got Skype and Transmission, though I've used uTorrent more often. It's been awhile since I've used Frostwire..but I'll definitely check out those others! Thanks!

I do have a question..have you upgraded to Lion? I'm currently running the last version of Snow Leopard, and am weighing the pros and cons of upgrading..my primary hesitation is that some of my programs (such as Pro Tools) may not be compatible with Lion. Are the benefits worth the risk?

Stream:

DM FlyMEXboy

DM mohh1 OG
Founding Member
One pro is that ur hardware is compatible. But you gotta look at your software. If you have to buy updated programs just for it to work then your spending extra money on top of your update (unless you don't care for the program). Also what else does it have that your operating system doesn't have currently that CANT be added on. I'm sure you can find mods to get some of the features though

Stream:

DM ToRNaDo412

PSN: xFouR1TwOx
My entire family uses PCs, so I'm a frequent user of both these days.

I've got Skype and Transmission, though I've used uTorrent more often. It's been awhile since I've used Frostwire..but I'll definitely check out those others! Thanks!

I do have a question..have you upgraded to Lion? I'm currently running the last version of Snow Leopard, and am weighing the pros and cons of upgrading..my primary hesitation is that some of my programs (such as Pro Tools) may not be compatible with Lion. Are the benefits worth the risk?
don't upgrade yet it's not that stable and i honestly don't even use the new features (im running lion). my only recommendation would be to use office instead of iWork. there's a reason why Microsoft runs that market and all the files will be compatible with everyone else.

other than that i only use a few programs lol. firefox, iTunes, skype, microsoft office, and VLC media player.

Stream:

DM DHomeboy

The King. 普
i haz a mac. itunes, firefox, Sauerbraten Cube 2 :O, Sixtyforce, skype, real player downloader (Downloads any type of flash video), ical. Thats what i mostly use..

Stream:

DM Toonaami

<span style="font-weight:bold;color:red;background
I use Lion everyday, Google Chrome runs so fast on it, I don't know about tor but Lion is very Stable and works great for me I love it :) check on utube vies before you decide though

Stream:

DM Psycotic

Motherlovers....UNITE!
Founding Member
Mentalist, you have pro tools? Where did you get it from?
If you didn't buy it, could you send me a link? I've looked everywhere for it...

Stream:

DM MeNTaLiST

Former FTB3 Commander
Founding Member
Thanks for all the suggestions, guys! I've already downloaded several awesome programs. x)

I think I'm going to stick with Snow Leopard for now..support says that my version of Pro Tools isn't compatible with Lion yet. I fear I'm going to miss features like Resume more than I should, but I suppose I'll live!

I actually bought a legit copy of Pro Tools, Psy. Best of luck finding anything online..you have to jump through all kinds of hoops just to authorize official copies of it.

Stream:

DM Psycotic

Motherlovers....UNITE!
Founding Member
Thanks for all the suggestions, guys! I've already downloaded several awesome programs. x)

I think I'm going to stick with Snow Leopard for now..support says that my version of Pro Tools isn't compatible with Lion yet. I fear I'm going to miss features like Resume more than I should, but I suppose I'll live!

I actually bought a legit copy of Pro Tools, Psy. Best of luck finding anything online..you have to jump through all kinds of hoops just to authorize official copies of it.
Damn. ah well. If i get the cash I'll try and get it...
Have 'fun' with your new laptop! :rearshock::wub::lulz:

Stream:

DM Batman

To the Bat Cave!
I also have a Mac Pro 15in screen :D , thanks to Wicked... You might want to change how your light deems in the back ground , it will save you alot of battery if you change it ...Ask Wicked how , i didn't do it lol ...Glad to hear you got a great laptop ...To The Bat Cave!! :batman:

Stream:

DM MeNTaLiST

Former FTB3 Commander
Founding Member
Damn it, I was expecting a heart warming life story.
I can give you one of those, if that's really what you want. ;P

I also have a Mac Pro 15in screen , thanks to Wicked... You might want to change how your light deems in the back ground , it will save you alot of battery if you change it ...Ask Wicked how , i didn't do it lol ...Glad to hear you got a great laptop ...To The Bat Cave!!
So that it dims based on the light in the room? Or otherwise?