Pearl Harbor 70th Anniversary

Stream:

C

Coolking101

Today marks the 70th anniversary of the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor. This is not a place to debate the causes and effects and debate countries so if you plan on it, gtfo and your shit will be deleted, this is a remembrance thread.

If any of you have family history that was affected by this attack, be it interment camps that followed or joining the military, anything, share it!

My Great Grandfather, a traditional alcohol loving Irishman, joined the U.S. Navy shortly after the attacks, he wanted to kick ass but was never given the chance. His recruiter shitted on his plans and his C.O. stationed him in the Solomon Islands. He kept in touch with his childhood german buds that were actually in the Luftwaffe.... long story.

The war was over for him without a shot and he was dishonorably discharged in '46 due to drinking past leave and "taunting submariners." Guess 3 times in the brig and potato peeling for the whole ship's dinner wasn't good enough punishment for the drunk bastard! But he served and I'm proud of him, R.I.P.

Stream:

DM ViSiioNaRY

Founding Member
Console: Headset:
your great grandgather got spawn pwned.

and wow no colored text this time.

Stream:

xZack487

The Senior Elite
who died and made you all bad ass i thought u were just recruited

Stream:

DM Raiden

Darken_Raiden
Founder
Founding Member
Addict
I thought you were a dirty nazi

Stream:

C

Coolking101

Bloodline yes I am heavilly German (Nazi if you see it that way ;) ), however my home country is MERICA!

Stream:

DM firevice

I'm The Lawl Enforcer
Founder
Addict
"Yesterday, December 7th, 1941. A date which will live in infamy. The United States of America was suddenly and deliberately attacked by the naval and air forces of the Empire of Japan." - That's all I can remember off the top of my head.

If you ever get the chance to visit the memorial, do so. I cannot put into words the emotions I felt when I was there. It was so... peaceful. Hardly a parallel to that horrendous day. I have the utmost respect (understatement) for any veteran who has to face the terrors of war - and even more so for those who were at Pearl Harbor on that fateful day.

Those who plan on serving or know a veteran, you deserve more recognition than are given. War is not some video game - it's a fucking terrifying event that brings out the worst in mankind.