How Human beings Deny Truth

Stream:

DM OldmanJenkins

I NEED TP FOR MY BUNGHOLE
Console: Headset:
i will post more if interested but tell me what you guys think :D

Human beings on Earth like to blow off the truth by claiming that it is simply nonsense, calling it, for example, "funny," "hilarious," or "entertaining." In addition, they automatically disregard the truth messenger as being a "standard-issue schizophrenic who is obviously out of touch with reality." People desperately try to paint truth messengers as being non-lucid, mentally unstable, illogical, and so self-absorbed that they can't see things for what they really are. This is a very convenient way to quickly discard the truth and go on with one's life.

Furthermore, when people come upon new information such as this, they erroneously assume that they have some sort of intellectual high ground over it. They start with the assumption that their belief system is correct, and, for whatever reason, vehemently refuse to acknowledge the possibility that they may have actually been deceived all along by their belief system. And thus, when confronted with counter-evidence, they automatically reject it.

As a matter of fact, human beings are actually pompous enough to think that their status quo worldview is more rational than the truth. They neglect to factor the concept of intentional deception into their logical thought process, and thus fail to realize that the only reason why their worldview seems "rational" is because it is actually composed of a plethora of lies and distortions. So, in one of the greatest ironies ever, human beings think the lies that they are fed are reality, and that the truth, on the other hand, is crazy, unrealistic, and bizarre.

Stream:

DM ToRNaDo412

PSN: xFouR1TwOx
im not trying to "erroneously assume that they have some sort of intellectual high ground over it"

but it sounds to me like someone is trying to push that their bs like the world is gonna end is truth.
disregard the truth messenger as being a "standard-issue schizophrenic who is obviously out of touch with reality." really? lol.

Stream:

DM ToRNaDo412

PSN: xFouR1TwOx
i had to copy and paste and i couldnt put it in the same color so i just kept the blue

Stream:

Velatorix

Founder
This suggests that the peeps in the loony bin are right and we are too intellectually stupid to believe their delusions and what we smell, hear, breath and see is not reality but a cover.

Stream:

DM Lordlander

Founder
Founding Member
OMFG I READ LIKE 3 SENTENCES AND IT SOUNDS JUST LIKE REN! WHO WOULD'VE THOUGH?!!?

Stream:

DM CptReilly

He's fizzy, he's ginger
Founder
I work with a guy who is always telling me that the govt is out to get me, the world is gonna end, and I might as well give up now because there is no future for me because the world is gonna go to hell.

In my head I do what OJ described: blow him off and call him a nut and go about my business. But to his face, I listen to every word he has to say, which only includes the bad shit that's ganna happen. Then I say "Ok, let's suppose you are right and this is going to happen. A) How do you propose we prevent it? and B) If it's an existing problem, how do you propose we solve it?"

This always shuts him up because he loves to put a scare into people, but has absolutely no thought-out plans to do anything about these problems that he promotes.

I'm fine listening to people even if they sound ridiculous, but if they cant back their shit up, then I won't take them srsly.

Stream:

DM Caveman

Taste the Rainbow
Prepare to Grab your ankles and kiss your Ass good bye because Not only is 2012 coming there aint a Damn thing Cave could Do to Prevent it.

Stream:

RizZaHReCToR

The Enemy of Mankind
Deny Truth?

natural skepticism is a good thing. If someone tells me something crazy, i expect them to provide evidence. and it better be good evidence, not some blog by a random person making unsubstantiated claims about government conspiracies.

People who deny truth are those that see evidence (presented by very educated men and women) and still trick themselves into believing that their "faith" is right.

I hate to drag religion into this, but i think it's the best example of people refusing to see the world as it is.
The second paragraph in the original post can be applied to religious enthusiasts.

Science is about the search for the truth. It's about PROVING things right or wrong.

Religion is about taking unproven beliefs and clinging to it, rejecting any attempt to disprove them.

Scientist welcome attempts to disprove facts, because any progress in the direction of truth is good.

I was watching a lecture on astrophysics. I forget who the speaker was, but he was taking question at the end. Some student asked him what would be implications of discovering that the speed of light is not constant.

He answered by saying that practically every theory and formula in the field of astrophysics would be proven wrong. Such a discovery would change EVERYTHING.

Than he said something that i think will stick with me forever. He smiled at the student and said "it would be awesome".

To me, this shows that he welcomes progress, even if it means it would prove him and his colleagues wrong.

To me, THAT is the mark of a rational human being; Being skeptical, yet open minded. and above all, not being afraid of being proven wrong, so long as the truth is found.

Stream:

DM Sandman

DM's Personal Terrorist
Prepare to Grab your ankles and kiss your Ass good bye because Not only is 2012 coming there aint a Damn thing Cave could Do to Prevent it.
ok im not trying to make an arguement but just stating a perfectly logical explanation

if the myan (if thts how u spell it) is correct and the world is going to end on December 21 2012 then it wont be the way people today think it is going to end

the calender was based on the stars and astronomy that the myans were able to see and they created a calender based off it. they predicted the time of the ending but never predicted how

now it is thot that the world will basically destory itself, but if the calender is based of the stars then how does that make sense? the way the world will end, if the myans were right, is thru either one or more supernovas of the stars, including our sun. which will completely insinerate the planet and thus all life as we kno it will not exist anymore

yet as we look towards our sun, it shall not even turn into a red giant anytime soon and neither will any stars close enough to us tht it will injure the planet in anyway. so it is highly unlikely tht the world will end

although there is the arguement tht the time in space is much different than the time on earth so time may lapse and everything i said wont occur in our lifetime might occur, but since this has nvr happened before, other than in black holes, it is highly unlikely tht this will occur

sory for the rant, im just sick of ppl actually saying tht they truely beleive the world will end without any hard evidence to back it up

DM Sandy

Stream:

Velatorix

Founder
Deny Truth?

natural skepticism is a good thing. If someone tells me something crazy, i expect them to provide evidence. and it better be good evidence, not some blog by a random person making unsubstantiated claims about government conspiracies.

People who deny truth are those that see evidence (presented by very educated men and women) and still trick themselves into believing that their "faith" is right.

I hate to drag religion into this, but i think it's the best example of people refusing to see the world as it is.
The second paragraph in the original post can be applied to religious enthusiasts.

Science is about the search for the truth. It's about PROVING things right or wrong.

Religion is about taking unproven beliefs and clinging to it, rejecting any attempt to disprove them.

Scientist welcome attempts to disprove facts, because any progress in the direction of truth is good.

I was watching a lecture on astrophysics. I forget who the speaker was, but he was taking question at the end. Some student asked him what would be implications of discovering that the speed of light is not constant.

He answered by saying that practically every theory and formula in the field of astrophysics would be proven wrong. Such a discovery would change EVERYTHING.

Than he said something that i think will stick with me forever. He smiled at the student and said "it would be awesome".

To me, this shows that he welcomes progress, even if it means it would prove him and his colleagues wrong.

To me, THAT is the mark of a rational human being; Being skeptical, yet open minded. and above all, not being afraid of being proven wrong, so long as the truth is found.
I enjoyed that man, good piece of work, two thumbs up. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Stream:

DM4L SK

мσѕт dσρє™
I don't even care anymore... If 2012 is gonna happen it's gonna happen, theirs nothing we can do about it...

Stream:

DM4L_Andy

Colonel
Actually the mayans said a major event will take place on earth that will bring us together...not that the world will end

Stream:

DM OldmanJenkins

i look at it as a common every day human behavior i dont care much for the faith part of it just be observant to how rational this is

Stream:

DM OldmanJenkins

ok im not trying to make an arguement but just stating a perfectly logical explanation

if the myan (if thts how u spell it) is correct and the world is going to end on December 21 2012 then it wont be the way people today think it is going to end

the calender was based on the stars and astronomy that the myans were able to see and they created a calender based off it. they predicted the time of the ending but never predicted how

now it is thot that the world will basically destory itself, but if the calender is based of the stars then how does that make sense? the way the world will end, if the myans were right, is thru either one or more supernovas of the stars, including our sun. which will completely insinerate the planet and thus all life as we kno it will not exist anymore

yet as we look towards our sun, it shall not even turn into a red giant anytime soon and neither will any stars close enough to us tht it will injure the planet in anyway. so it is highly unlikely tht the world will end

although there is the arguement tht the time in space is much different than the time on earth so time may lapse and everything i said wont occur in our lifetime might occur, but since this has nvr happened before, other than in black holes, it is highly unlikely tht this will occur

sory for the rant, im just sick of ppl actually saying tht they truely beleive the world will end without any hard evidence to back it up

DM Sandy
dont jump to conclusions there are many theories as to what is going to happen in 2012, many are far fetched and hard to believe, yet if they were true people who know of the situation and know its true would ... well picture it if you knew the world was going to go through a major cataclysmic disaster based on hard facts and evidence how would you go about letting the world know?

people would think your a lunatic.
others such as highly powerful people would not back you up even if they knew.
if the world believed you the whole world would go into a major panic.

so even if it is true the government would never let us know because of panic, and im sure somewhat has to do with population control.

just look at the situation from all aspects.