Fantasy Baseball '14

Stream:

DM Bowser

The Original Bowser™
Founding Member
Console: Headset:
Alright guys Spring Training is just around the corner and that means it's baseball season! In a few days I'll be setting up the league again and I would like to know who's interested in playing with us! Last year was a pretty good turnout and I hope we can repeat that again, hopefully even better.

Keep in mind there is a high probability that this could become a keeper league so I need full commitment from you guys that are interested. I will be looking into it more before making my final decision.

I haven't decided on what type of league it should be(H2H or Rotisserie) I would like your help on this.

So.. Who's ready to play?!

Any comments, suggestions, questions post below please!

Stream:

DM xFantin

Retired Canadian
Founder
Addict
personally, I'd prefer H2H and the same rules as last year. People just need to prevent 951 from drafting all the pitchers :lulz:. Also i'm obviously down

Stream:

DM Bowser

The Original Bowser™
Founding Member
"I have a similar idea in place in my league. What I do is that we have 5 keepers per year, but each keeper gets a "contract." Each manager gets to keep one player 5 years, one 4 years, etc. Last year my keepers were: 5 - Ryan Zimmerman, 4 - Adrian Gonzalez, 3 - Cliff Lee, 2 - Dan Haren, 1 - Nelson Cruz

So this year I cannot keep Nelson Cruz, and all of those guys move down a slot. I drafted Strasburg late in the draft last year knowing that I would want him as my 5 year keeper this year.

Logic: I wanted to keep the draft strong each year, but I also wanted a way to have your favorite player with you for a long time. Plus this adds some level of complexity come draft day because there is an outside pressure to pick a younger player who you feel will be a worthy 5 year keeper. For example, another manager picked Adam Wainwright the round after I picked Strasburg. Not too complicated, but not too simple either."

If I can make this happen I think it would be great right? My top choice at the moment.

Stream:

DM Kinger

DM's Biggest Hippie
Founding Member
Oh shit.. Big commitment here. Idk if I'm cool with a 3-5 year set up. I can't think that far into the future.

Simply being, I'm 16 turning 17. In 5 years a lot of shit is gonna happen. This could still be a hobby or could be something that I'm not just interested in. I personally enjoy resets after every year due to the change of the game, but if that's your cup of tea, then hey that's your cup of tea, just not my preference.

Along with this, I have my infamous never attend draft streak going. While I will most likely attend this one, next year may be different and so on.

If you guys want a keeper league so be it.

This is my current position on the matter. Everything I said in the past isn't necessarily voided, but doesn't reflect how I feel right now.

For me it's a hobby, and honestly far down on the list of them. As you see, I'm not all that into DM anymore, and just slightly moved on. I still love to come here for the fantasy sports aspect, but if you guys want to do more competitive leagues for fantasy than so be it. I'm not holding you back.

Stream:

DM 951RPN

Founder
Addict
personally, I'd prefer H2H and the same rules as last year. People just need to prevent 951 from drafting all the pitchers :lulz:. Also i'm obviously down
Haha, thats always been my strategy, pitchers to me always seem to be more valuable. The more the merrier. :thumbup(1):

Stream:

DM Bowser

The Original Bowser™
Founding Member
Haha, thats always been my strategy, pitchers to me always seem to be more valuable. The more the merrier. :thumbup(1):
Check the rules now, I found a good balance that makes the top hitters equal to the top pitchers. I think this will be a great and improved season with the new rules. If you want a list of all the rules you know how to contact me.

Link:
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=453631

But yeah Kinger we pretty much have 10 people now so you won't be needed. Still waiting for that email Mr. Fantin.

Stream:

DM 951RPN

Founder
Addict
Wow it was a real good draft, a lot of good teams, should be a good season. :dance: