Debt Ceiling Issue( Your opinions?)

Stream:

DM Blazer

BulletProof
Founding Member
Console: Headset:
I know some people in DM actually pay attention to the surrounding news and whats happening in politics. The house of reps. passed a "bi-partisan" bill and senate votes tomorrow. I am happy with bi-partisan bills because i don't want to see America Default and create a chain reaction. However, i think in order to lower our debt would require Tax increases and cuts to programs. Some republicans need to realize that the top 1% of the country control 40% of America's wealth. I dont think a little tax increases will stop them from buying their fancy "toys". However, democrats need to allow cuts to happen such as medicare/medicaid where millions of dollars are being taken illegally. There needs to be more enforcement on how money is used for the healthcare issues. I read where so many frauds took place with health insurance but so many were probably not even discovered. I highly doubt that all the money set aside for these programs is all used. If we start saving even more money, that figure doubles which we can use to pay china back.

This issue might change election results when it comes time.

What are your proposals? :UC:

Stream:

DM Hunt3r

PSN = Hunterish__dM
Founding Member
Fuck no taxing the rich excessively will do absolutely nothing. My family is in the top 1% in income earnings and do you really think all we do is spend our money on fucking toys? Yes we have a better lifestyle than the majority of Americans but we also donate hundreds of thousands of dollars annually to several different charities, which just so happened to be almost completely funded by the upper class who you want to tax. They are also your employers. If you tax the upper class then the upper class will need to make cuts, which includes jobs. Tax everyone in America equally.

Stream:

DM Toonaami

<span style="font-weight:bold;color:red;background
What we need to do in control where are money is going like you said. There is no reason for the amount of spending we are doing. The Debt Ceiling will keep getting raised or this country will collapse. We are spending so much money that i useless, and giving money to other countries for natural disasters. Don't get me wrong those people need help, but we need to focus on fixing our own problems before we try and play hero for others.

Also the health care bill is total bullshit. I should not have to pay for everyones healthcare. And some of them are abusing how much money they get including in the unemployment. I know a guy who i used to work with and has cheated the system so much he has been on unemployment for over 4 years.

Shit is going to go down in the future.

Stream:

DM Michigan

Founder
Founding Member
Addict
Fuck no taxing the rich excessively will do absolutely nothing. My family is in the top 1% in income earnings and do you really think all we do is spend our money on fucking toys? Yes we have a better lifestyle than the majority of Americans but we also donate hundreds of thousands of dollars annually to several different charities, which just so happened to be almost completely funded by the upper class who you want to tax. They are also your employers. If you tax the upper class then the upper class will need to make cuts, which includes jobs. Tax everyone in America equally.
Charities don't generate revenue/ help the economy. Taxes raise revenue. The basis for your argument is a complete fail.

Stream:

DM FlyMEXboy

DM mohh1 OG
Founding Member
wow bro, just wow. so just tax the poor when their struggling to keep their house and bring food to the table for their families? dude you guys have so much money it's not even funny an when corporations like APPLE have more reserve money then the US government were does their money go? to more corporations for their advertisements? were are the jobs dude? the government has already helped you guys out now it's time they help out the poor.

Stream:

DM Soldierrrr

Corporal
Tax everyone equally? seriously? Your family is in the top 1%...No wonder

If everyone's taxed equally you have the majority of people struggling while that 1% isn't struggling at all. If you 1% cared ANYTHING about our country you would gladly give more money in taxes than somebody you make 10x more than.

If I care about my country, and see that my country is struggling economically, i would without hesitation pay more in taxes simply because i can afford it and my fellow Americans at the bottom can't afford to pay as much in taxes. But instead, you guys want to be greedy and frankly i don't think any republican gives a damn about the taxes or the economy anything to make Obama's presidency a failure is a win for them, that's all they seem to be trying to do to me.

Stream:

DM Hunt3r

PSN = Hunterish__dM
Founding Member
When is the last time any government has taxed their way to prosperity? Oh wait never. What I'm trying to say is that you don't RAISE taxes on anyone. You cut spending, create jobs, and help stimulate the economy. We earned our money. What if I told you to take away 1.0 away from your GPA to help someone with a lower GPA to graduate? You work for your GPA, and we work for money. In this country, you get what you work for..

Stream:

DM KNIGHTParikh

KAMIKAZEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Founding Member
When is the last time any government has taxed their way to prosperity? Oh wait never. What I'm trying to say is that you don't RAISE taxes on anyone. You cut spending, create jobs, and help stimulate the economy. We earned our money. What if I told you to take away 1.0 away from your GPA to help someone with a lower GPA to graduate? You work for your GPA, and we work for money. In this country, you get what you work for..
It's not even logical to compare wealth and a GPA. You work and earn a GPA, wealth can be inherited. And donating to charities doesn't do the economy any good like Michigan said. And half that money donated to charities doesn't even reach your intended target. If you really want to help others, take out of your own time to help the poor.

Stream:

DM Michigan

Founder
Founding Member
Addict
Tell that to all the illegals and people abusing unemployment, just saying.
Tell that to the people who hire illegals in the first place instead of checking for papers how about?

Also taxes were low in the 20s and look what happened. Or how about the fact that Ireland was the first country to set their business tax to 0 in order to have the lowest in order to attract business. How are they doing? ( hint: they're asking to be bailed out by the EU).

It's also ironic that I'm watching sweet sixteen on MTV right now. Some white girl in Texas got her parents to spend $50k on some dimond grills WTF excessive.

Stream:

DM firevice

I'm The Lawl Enforcer
Founder
Addict
more taxes to the wealthy, gradually cut defense budget in half over 10 years, get the fuck out of iraq/afghanistan for fucking good, leave civil wars in other fucking countries to their own, quit being the god damn world police.

'murika, making no sense since we elected bush jr.

basically what im saying is quit being a MIC country

Stream:

DM Hunt3r

PSN = Hunterish__dM
Founding Member
It's not even logical to compare wealth and a GPA. You work and earn a GPA, wealth can be inherited. And donating to charities doesn't do the economy any good like Michigan said. And half that money donated to charities doesn't even reach your intended target. If you really want to help others, take out of your own time to help the poor.
It's completely logical to compare the two. The two are very similar in the fact that you work for both.

Stream:

DM OldmanJenkins

I NEED TP FOR MY BUNGHOLE
The debt ceiling being raised will do nothing but de value the dollar even more, the military industrial complex is whats responsible for most of the debt we are in, simple answer would be to cut spending by stopping the pointless wars were currently in and bringing the troops home. But thats not whats in the interest of the globalist elite, they would rather cut things like social security, medical and educational benefits. Government wants to fuck the people in anyway they can without causing an uprise so they can continue with loading their pockets and depriving the people. Me personally, I'm just gonna wait till shit hits the fan. CUT MILITARY SPENDING AND WORK ON PEACE ALREADY ITS FUCKING 2011 !! Why havent we as a human race solved a damn thing yet?

Stream:

DM Hunt3r

PSN = Hunterish__dM
Founding Member
The debt ceiling being raised will do nothing but de value the dollar even more, the military industrial complex is whats responsible for most of the debt we are in, simple answer would be to cut spending by stopping the pointless wars were currently in and bringing the troops home. But thats not whats in the interest of the globalist elite, they would rather cut things like social security, medical and educational benefits. Government wants to fuck the people in anyway they can without causing an uprise so they can continue with loading their pockets and depriving the people. Me personally, I'm just gonna wait till shit hits the fan. CUT MILITARY SPENDING AND WORK ON PEACE ALREADY ITS FUCKING 2011 !! Why havent we as a human race solved a damn thing yet?

Send the troops home, nuke the middle east, then become the worldwide leader in glass production.

Stream:

DM Toonaami

The Human Race will never have peace. There is no such thing as world peace. It is impossible and will never ever ever ever EVER happen. People will always have disagreements and will fight and it will never happen. The only thing that can help is for people to be more sensible and understanding.

The concept of World Peace is retarded.

Stream:

DM xFantin

Retired Canadian
Founder
Addict
Raise taxes. My mom went to New York and payed 4% taxes. Pathetic. You cant pay it off making that little from taxpayers

Stream:

DM Toonaami

I think WI is sitting around 8-10% i don't remember

Stream:

DM Blazer

BulletProof
Founding Member
NJ has the highest paid taxes in the country. My parents house taxes raised 5k in 1 year because our gov doesnt want to raise taxes on the wealthy but he wants to eliminate our debt.

To think about it if we keep piling on debt, America will be someone other country's Country. I understand what Hunter is saying but top 1% of america makes up 40% of the America's economy. I think they can help a little.

In my personal case, i work hard, go to school, my parents are middle class where my whole city is about 80% poor. My father worked here for 30 years and is now on social security because of 5 heart attacks he had which makes him disabled and unable to work.

I dont think its equivalent for people who make less than 40k a year to pay high taxes when they have to worry about a mortgage's,food, education costs and other expenses that only make families live off a check by check basis.

My Aunt is realtor and uncle is oncologist with their income at 250k a year. They have unused money that they use to help poor families. Im pretty sure their extra money would happily create less stress for the poor families than just providing them with materials.