COD5 MAP PACK 2 INFO

Stream:

DM Blazer

BulletProof
Founding Member
Console: Headset:
Its 95% sure its releasing June 11th, btw in the Zombie map, you guys get characthers and names. About ever 4-6 rounds a round will have 15-20 hound dogs

Here is some other info i found from Admins of COD WAW site and they played MP2

Banzai: Pacific Theater

“Deep in the jungles of Japanese controlled territory, battle to control the tall river bridge in "Banzai" a bright, medium sized jungle map featuring a waterfall, villages and hidden caves well suited for deadly snipers, surprise attacks and all out gun battles.”

This was the first map that we played & honestly I would have to say that it might have been my favorite. It is a tossup between this map and Sub Pens. The map is larger in scale but very detailed in the lay out. There is room to use a lot of different classes effectively in this map due to some very long open areas mixed in with some tunnels & buildings. You can just as easily be a run & gunner or a sniper effectively. We had a chance to play CTF, War & TDM on the map and the locations for the objectives are well thought out from what I gathered. The graphics were very detailed and nicely done. All-in-all the map is a good addition to the game.

Corrosion: European Theater

“In "Corrosion" face down your enemy in a deteriorated Russian train yard. Sprint under, over and through the shattered pipelines and war-torn train cars in this midsized map great for full out team combat. Keep your head on a swivel as your enemy could be above or below you!”

This was another good map. It was a bit smaller in size but very much so a CQC type map. There are multiple objects creating cover everywhere and some buildings that you fight in/around. You definitely need to keep an eye out because every time you round a corner there is the potential of someone sitting there with a flame thrower *cough MaTtKs cough*. There are also some neat things like being able to climb/jump and get on top of some pipes and be partly concealed up higher. It really is a map that you will have to spend some time on to make sure that you figure out all the nooks and crannies on. We played some CTF & HCS&D on this map and the map size and locations of the objectives made for some pretty insane CTF games. For HCS&D I would make sure you have bomb squad on! Like I mentioned before there are plenty of spots where Betties could be waiting for you right around the corner.

Sub Pens: Pacific Theater

“"Sub Pens" offers a close-quarter bombed-out Japanese submarine base littered with live ammunition, breached subs and idle fighter planes. Wipe the monsoon rains from your eyes and struggle to control key choke points in this tight map designed for exciting and deadly battles.”
This had to be my favorite map out of the three. I am biased because I enjoy the smaller maps and the chaos that comes along with them. It is a fairly narrow map with a sub in the middle and some building & walk ways on either side. This is a very CQC type of map and if you enjoy playing with a shotty you will be stoked. Lots of corners and smaller rooms where having a sawn off would really give you an advantage.
We played a few game modes including CTF, HQ & a FFA while we were there. The HQ spawning seemed to be better than that of MW in the fact that the team that had just captured the HQ doesn’t automatically spawn on the new HQ. The CTF really made for some good times too because of the closeness of everything it turned into complete mayhem. During the FFA we really had a blast I even put JD’s Jugg to the test with my sawn off double barreled shotty. Out of the three I really enjoyed this one the most, but like I said before I am a tad bit biased on this one.

Shi No Numa: Pacific Zombie Map

“Keep moving to survive the unending Zombie horde in "Shi No Numa", the all new addition to the four player co-op fan favorite. Imperial Zombies rise from the misty swamps and flaming Hell Hounds blaze through the jungle as players struggle to find Perk machines and the deadly new Wunderwaffe DG-2 to stay alive. This new map includes 10 new Achievements/Trophies.”

“First off, just wait until you guys get to see the Official Trailer for this addition to the game – it’s face meltingly sick. I’m not a Zombie guy, but that trailer is frickin sweet - heart pumping, fist clenching, amazingly cut and composed. Dude really earned his paycheck. I mean damn, we watched it 3 times and were glued to the movie screen each and every go around.”

This is a quote from CHEFS about the trailer we got to see for the zombies and I couldn’t have put it better myself. Honestly the individuals that put it together were very talented. It gave me chills every time we watched it. It was all done in house including making an original song just for the Trailer. I’m not 100% sure when it is to be released but it really was great!

As some of you may know I’m not a big zombies guy. I can honestly count on both hands the number of matches I’ve done in zombies to date. I did get a bit of practice in with some friends before I went on my trip so I could be a bit more versed in the game mode before my skills were put to the test. After playing Shi No Numa I have come to the conclusion that I might have to start playing zombies a lot more! It is more thought out than the other maps and the size of the new map is huge compared to the previous two.

The traps they made for the new map include some of the older favorites like the electric fence but there is an awesome new addition in the “Flogger”. This is a mechanical spinning device that spins a log with spikes around through a passage way. I got to see firsthand the carnage of it in action when a herd of zombies chased us to the point and it was used to its full potential. There was blood and flying zombies everywhere. Honestly it was great!

Some of the other additions include a zip line that allows you to get out of trouble quickly in a pinch! I actually had to use this a couple times and it can really be helpful. With the addition of Random Perk machines you never know what perk will be spawned in the various out buildings so each time you play you will get a different experience. The only perks I found while playing were Jug, Speed, & Quick Revive.

Now it is time to talk about the Wunderwaffe! I know that most of you are looking forward to using this new gun and rightfully so! It is a beast! I actually did get it from the gun box once and I tried it out. The gun isn’t a spray and pray like most of the others including the Ray Gun. That is because the ammo you get with it is very limited. Even with limited ammo it is definitely worth holding on to. That is because you can kill an entire group of zombies with a single shot! Seriously who doesn’t look forward to hitting a pack of zombies with a bolt of electricity and watching their heads pop right off! You can also hold on to this gun and get a Ray gun as your secondary weapon and do some serious work!

As an addition to the new map they also included a new foe you encounter. Hell Hounds! I was sitting next to CHEFS while we were playing and I’m still laughing about his shriek when we first encountered them. They are brutal and come out of nowhere running straight for you. Your best bet is to back yourself into a corner and hope for the best. They were tough but lots of fun to kill. They are randomly spawned instead of zombies roughly every 5 levels +/- one or two to keep it random. You have no idea what you are in for in the tougher levels!

There is no way a person could really recap the entire level but I tried my best. The new zombies map is definitely a win in my book. Just being able to go outside and use some of the new traps have me excited for its release. Another thing you can keep in mind is this is in a swamp and you can wade through the water, but it slows you down, and the zombies are still chasing you. God it was great and I know you will enjoy it too.

If someone asked me if it were worth the $10 I would definitely say yes. I’m not just saying this; many of you know that I held off on getting MP1 because of connectivity issues with the game. I was informed that the PS3 patch will be released with the MP2 so I am definitely going to be picking these maps up.

If you have any questions about the new maps or anything regarding the release please feel free to post them in here and I will try to answer them all. I hope this helps you guys out.
Lastly I would like to thank Treyarch and Activision for putting this together. It was really cool to get a chance to play your new maps and get a chance to meet some of the people that I talk with on the forums on a regular basis. Everyone was really cool and I’ve honestly gained a new respect for most of these guys. I hope you enjoyed your birthday cake JD!

Stream:

DM Blazer

BulletProof
Founding Member
why it only costs 10 bucks plus tax. Im gunna buy map pack and the new battlefield game which is 15 dollars

Stream:

DM Blazer

BulletProof
Founding Member
HERE IS MORE INFO

Ok guys and girls, here is what I have to say about what I experienced while playing the new maps as well as zombies.
Sub Pens
This map is really cool. The many buildings on either side of the sub allow for some great close combat. The game modes that played well on it were free for all and headquarters. Don't worry the weather does not affect with the gameplay. There are a lot of great spots to defend as well as flank. A great map for run and gun players.

Corrosion
This map we played the most. Capture the flag is epic on this map. The upper pipes allow for great flag capturing routes. On the other hand, if you happen to catch an enemy up there they are a sitting duck. It is also an amazing search and destroy map. The bomb sites are located in great areas and allow for some intense battles. Another well balanced map for different game modes. The map is also big enough that it is not really an smg map which is great.

Banzai
By far my favorite map. Similar to eder dam on CoD3. The map is just beautiful. There are so many tunnels and flanking routes it becomes well balanced. For the snipers you will have great spots. War plays the best on this map, similar to upheavel where you have a crazy battle for the first flag, and after that you can gain momentum. The map is also great for team deathmatch. There are 3 main areas, you can travel through the caves and waterfall, over the bridge or down to the river and up the other side. This map reminded me of the campaign level Burn 'em Out when you make it to the top of the hill and start off into the caverns.

Zombies
The zombie maps get better every time. This one blows the other two out of the water. Once we saw the exclusive trailer with the new song we wanted to play. The map itself is huge and there are so many places to go. Unlike the other two in this one you really gotta run around and not camp in one spot. One great addition is that when the zombies go for the windows they actually grab the individual boards and rip them off. A new addition are the 4 characters you can play as. Each character has a different look and name, and the new zombies is almost like a story. You start off in a room and have two ways to go. From there you can go throughout the main building with tons of options. The mysterybox has been stacked with some extra weapons, as well as the new wunderwaffe DG-2. This gun is unbelievable. You have three shots a clip with limited ammo. This sends out a electric shock that links between zombies for instant kills, incredibly effective against an attacking horde. You can travel through the swamp, but be careful as you slow down and the zombies don't so choose you crossing time wisely. From the main building you can open areas into the swamp with scattered huts. In one hut when you open the door the perkmachine begins to flash and you get one random perk machine to use. This also adds to the difficulty and strategy. There are so many different possible routes to go that you won't get bored easy. It is not limited to just a building where you camp. Of course there are the hellhounds that randomly spawn and are much larger than dogs. They are very quick, and somewhat easy to kill especially with the shotgun. Upon being shot they explode. The hellhounds take the place of zombies so when the hounds are out the zombies are not. The traps and zipline features allow for great escapes. During the gameplay I was able to unlock the only achievement out of the crew which happened to be the secret achievement :)

There ya go, just a few details. Overall my favorites would be zombies, banzai, corrosion, and finally subpens. If anyone has questions regarding my observations, or want to know more specially about something, post it and I will enlighten you :) Just a reminder the Map Pack 2 will be available to download on xbox marketplace June 11th.