gotta light?
Admin
Founder
Addict
Console: Headset:

[move]Hello [You]!![/move]

Previous Updates:
[GLOW=orange]update 10/28/13[/GLOW]
  • if you use a headset....now you can show it....goto Edit profile details @ bottom of page you will see a dropdown list and images of different headsets...pick your relevant one..if you don't see it ask for it in this thread. The image will only show in your posts below ranks....for now...working on adding them to your user profile page as well.
  • tweaked the quick reply editor so now when clicking the quick reply at bottom of page will bring up the full editor instead an abbreviated one. This so you don't have to click "go advanced" in order to see all the buttons.
  • now you can embed IGN, Gamestop, GameTrailers, Ustream, Instagram vids & soundcloud clips.

how to embed IGN:

how to embed GameTrailers:

how to embed GameSpot:

how to embed Ustream:

how to embed Instagram:

how to embed souncloud clips:

• added a marquee bb code type [move] [/ move]

• added prestige posting ranks per 1,000 posts...

update still in progress...
[HR][/HR]
small update 12/06/13
updated the ranks...they just weren't doing it for me....a lil betta now?

also now you can embed the youtube subscribe button within your posts/sigs
[ytscb]channel name only[*/ytscb]
For example:
[ytscb]DeMonGamingHD[*/ytscb] = [ytscb]DeMonGamingHD[/ytscb]

this can be embedded in sigs and posts if wanted....leeched it from this idiot here:
http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=304859 :D
[HR][/HR]

you may see changes taking effect while on site...don't panic.....breathe....just me tweaking shit a lil.

report all issues in this thread....

ohhhh yeah...Don't forget to thank @DM Major Meat and @DM Toonaamii for paying the bills then and now and @DM Deathrow for getting us this far with the site....thanks to all of you.

Stream:

DM Lordlander

Founder
Founding Member
Damn dude, you are getting shit done! Thank you so much for taking the time to do all this stuff, I love it! Anyways, bug report:

When I click the notifications tab, I have two post quotes. When I click on that, it redirects me to a page where I get a 500 Internal Server Error, much like the one we were getting when the site was down.

Stream:

OUTL4W

gotta light?
Admin
Founder
Addict
Damn dude, you are getting shit done! Thank you so much for taking the time to do all this stuff, I love it! Anyways, bug report:

When I click the notifications tab, I have two post quotes. When I click on that, it redirects me to a page where I get a 500 Internal Server Error, much like the one we were getting when the site was down.
what happens when you click on your name taking you to your profile and then clicking "Quotes"...do you still get the same error?

Stream:

DM Lordlander

Founder
Founding Member
what happens when you click on your name taking you to your profile and then clicking "Quotes"...do you still get the same error?
It doesn't show a name. Click on notifications on the main page, at the top. Drop down menu shows up. In the drop down menu, it says "3 New Post Quotes". Then I click that, and I get the error.

Stream:

DM CptReilly

He's fizzy, he's ginger
Founder
It seems like we lost a lot of threads from the previous version of the site and the ability to see your posting history/thread creation history. Is that all gone for good?

Stream:

OUTL4W

gotta light?
Admin
Founder
Addict
It seems like we lost a lot of threads from the previous version of the site and the ability to see your posting history/thread creation history. Is that all gone for good?
Now try.....had to rebuild the search index after upgrading.

Will be submitting a support ticket for the intermittent "500 internal service error's"

I believe any posts/threads after the 1st upgrade were sucked into a black hole....sorry...

Stream:

DM Lordlander

Founder
Founding Member
The site had to be restored to an earlier backup. In doing this, all of the posts and threads made after that backup have been lost.

Stream:

DM 951RPN

Founder
Addict
The site had to be restored to an earlier backup. In doing this, all of the posts and threads made after that backup have been lost.
What, really, thats fucked up, all the memories are lost forever. :cry:

Stream:

OUTL4W

gotta light?
Admin
Founder
Addict
bug report:

[MENTION=44]DM Lordlander[/MENTION]
you should be ok now......here is the response from host on the 500 internal error:
updated the memory_limit value from 32 to 64M, and then ran a permissions fix on your dmshadow account. I also installed a system snapshot script on your server, so if you get any more of these 500s let us know and we can review those logs.
and soon a server migration onto new hardware:
Please read this email in its entirety, as it contains very important information regarding your HostGator VPS server, IP address: 174.xxx.xxx.xxx, and the impending mandatory maintenance and migration that will be occurring within 48 - 52 hours. Your VPS server is being migrated onto brand new, upgraded hardware and will be running the latest version of Virtuozzo and CentOS. We plan to facilitate this migration both as quickly and easily as possible, but also want to assure you that your total satisfaction with this migration is our primary objective.

We will keep you updated via email throughout this entire migration. The migration process itself will result in an exact copy of your VPS container being moved to new hardware and will ensure that the most up to date information is put in place. We will then begin routing any traffic going to the old server to the new server so that you do not lose traffic or experience connectivity problems.

Please be aware that there may be small amounts of downtime, however we will do everything within our power to ensure a smooth migration.Please note that this process does require a change of IP addresses assigned to your nameservers, as such it is vital that you take action in regard to the DNS settings once the actual data migration has been completed. At this time, there are no changes needing to be made on your part. We will contact you within 48 hours, once the migration process has started. When the migration has completed we will forward the traffic from the old server to the new server allowing traffic to be served from the new VPS.

*** Please expect a followup notice post migration which will indicate the specific details required to update your DNS/Nameservers. ***

Stream:

DM CptReilly

He's fizzy, he's ginger
Founder
Sticky: Trying out a new Shoutbox and radio plugin....let us know your thoughts

Thanks for bringing the sb back, it's my favorite part of the site.

The new orientation of the text box is kind of wierding me out. I can't think of a time when I am going to post a wall of text and need to see the whole thing before posting. I very much prefer the old text box style that had the one-line size running along the bottom of the sb.

I just like the old, simple look. Text box, big, open shout area, and a few buttons to display advanced options (smilies etc). Right now I just feel like it's way too cramped and has way too much going on.

Also, a lot of ppl type shorthand in the sb to save time and I think having the spellcheck function in the sb is unnecessary. I find it a bit annoying to type out a shout and seeing it covered in red squigglies.

Stream:

OUTL4W

gotta light?
Admin
Founder
Addict
Sticky: Trying out a new Shoutbox and radio plugin....let us know your thoughts

Thanks for bringing the sb back, it's my favorite part of the site.

The new orientation of the text box is kind of wierding me out. I can't think of a time when I am going to post a wall of text and need to see the whole thing before posting. I very much prefer the old text box style that had the one-line size running along the bottom of the sb.

I just like the old, simple look. Text box, big, open shout area, and a few buttons to display advanced options (smilies etc). Right now I just feel like it's way too cramped and has way too much going on.

Also, a lot of ppl type shorthand in the sb to save time and I think having the spellcheck function in the sb is unnecessary. I find it a bit annoying to type out a shout and seeing it covered in red squigglies.
you can resize the input window by clicking the bottom right corner and dragging to desired height. and the spellcheck has nothing to do with the sb but windows itself. So you would rather not have the option to:
  • Enable Clear Button
  • Enable Italic Style
  • Enable Font Color Style
  • Enable Smilies Button
  • Enable Underline Style
  • Enable Bold Style
  • Enable Font Style

I can dis-able the underline, italic, font style along with being able to create separate chat room buttons to make less cluttered?

other sb didnt have the option for when new replies/threads are made..showing a clickable link. I can place this sb on all pages but it is a lil complicated as I have to edit each template....but working on it.

Stream:

DM RC-blazer

Oceano4 ಠ_ಠ
Founding Member
Thanks bro, glad I can show off what websites I'm on, feel free to add me on Twitter FB or Tumblr then. :D

Stream:

DM Bowser

The Original Bowser™
Founding Member
Suggestion: Take off the myspace for social networking haha like who really uses myspace anymore? Maybe add a gamebattles or MLGid section for those who play competitive

Stream:

DM Toonaami

<span style="font-weight:bold;color:red;background
Good idea bows. Also the DeMon Dark Red is fucking boss negro over here nice work

Stream:

OUTL4W

gotta light?
Admin
Founder
Addict
Suggestion: Take off the myspace for social networking haha like who really uses myspace anymore? Maybe add a gamebattles or MLGid section for those who play competitive
see if that works for ya now? :D

actually my 1st time editing .xml files that are used for plugins...so hopefully no bugs...

Good idea bows. Also the DeMon Dark Red is fucking boss negro over here nice work
thanks...was hoping you would like...if you're using this theme...does the sb window go white when clicking on it to shout?

also updated the update...and added SoundCloud for our own resident DJ [MENTION=44]DM Lordlander[/MENTION]