They're doing a Superman/Batman movie... but that's not the big news

Stream:

OUTL4W

gotta light?
Admin
Founder
Addict
Console: Headset:
Man of Steel director Zack Snyder just came out and rocked our worlds at Comic-Con. Not just announcing that Batman will be in the Superman sequel — which he did with a cool-looking metallic Superman-Batman logo that drove the crowd nuts. But that was not the biggest deal.
Spoilers ahead...
S
The biggest deal was, Snyder brought out Man of Steel actor Harry Lennix (General Swanwick) to use his cool voice to read the following piece of dialogue:
I want you to remember, Clark…in all the years to come…in your most private moments…I want you to remember…my hand…at your throat…I want…you to remember…the one man who beat you.
Yup. Batman's speech from The Dark Knight Returns. Snyder said the movie won't be an adaptation of this film... but it will be inspired by it. The crowd lost their shit.
The rumors that WB would be announcing a Flash movie in 2016 and a Justice League film in 2017 were seemingly unfounded; this was the only DC superhero film mentioned. But a Batman/Superman movie based even slightly on The Dark Knight Returns? That's more than enough to have us excited.
This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service — if this is your content and you're reading it on someone else's site, please read the FAQ at fivefilters.org/content-only/faq.php#publishers. Five Filters recommends: 'You Say What You Like, Because They Like What You Say' - http://www.medialens.org/index.php/...-you-like-because-they-like-what-you-say.html

More...