Shooting in Connecticut

Stream:

DM Kinger

DM's Biggest Hippie
Founding Member
Console: Headset:
As most of you have probably heard. A shooting in Newtown, CT occurred today. Just to make it clear, this is not a "gangsta" town, this is white America. As some of you may know I'm from MA and have family all in CT and spent 5 years of my life there. This is literally a 90 minute drive away.

What the main point of this thread is, what are your thoughts and reactions to this? Gun control, more security, etc. I mean if we stopped selling guns today, there are still 300 million out there. 1 in 4 U.S citizens owns a firearm.

I also send my condolences to those families involved.

Story: http://www.ctnow.com/news/hc-police-responding-to-incident-in-newtown-20121214,0,455352.story

Stream:

DM Lordlander

Founder
Founding Member
Gun control isn't the answer to this problem. There are still other ways to kill people.

Stream:

DM xFantin

Retired Canadian
Founder
Addict
Do you think he would have killed 26 other people if he didn't have a gun?

Stream:

DM Lordlander

Founder
Founding Member
I'm not knowledgeable enough to make an argument on gun rights, so I'll leave it to someone else. I'm sure there are people here who know gun laws well and can make a valid argument.

Stream:

Frequence

Corporal
The answer is restricted gun laws. There is no answer to this. What needs to happen is learn what happened and why and how it could be prevented again. The answer is lodged in the problem.

Terrible to hear though, truely a disgusting act.

Stream:

DM Kinger

DM's Biggest Hippie
Founding Member
Crazy people are crazy. It doesn't matter if a guy with extreme mental issues isn't going to stop. As WORICP said: There are speeding laws yet ppl still speed. It won't matter. If there are stricter gun laws, people are still gonna have guns.

I do believe he still would kill masses, no gun or gun. He had the ambition to do so.

Stream:

DM DHomeboy

The King. 普
there really isn't a way to prevent catastrophes like this from happening without doing something drastic. End of story. More importantly, my heart goes out to all the families impacted by this event. This hurts.

Stream:

DM Bowser

The Original Bowser™
Founding Member
Its very sad to see how most of the victims were innocent little kids who had their whole lives ahead of them. There is no solution to the problem because there will always be other ways. In my opinion, you can limit these situations from happening but not fully prevent them. Best wishes to those parents. At least those kids are in a better place now <3

Stream:

DM Michigan

Founder
Founding Member
Addict
Wow, this is definitely not the time to talk politics. Please leave politics out of this, there is no point in starting a senseless argument. Lets send our condolences to the families out in CT and keep them in our thoughts and prayers. Now is not a time to talk about politics.

Stream:

DM Toonaami

<span style="font-weight:bold;color:red;background
Gun restrictions wont do jack shit. The killer stole the guns. Banning guns will do nothing. People will still get them the way they get drugs. If one teacher in that school actually had a gun, kids woulda seen Christmas.

Stream:

DM Hhasy

Respect the Opponent
Founding Member
Gun restrictions wont do jack shit. The killer stole the guns. Banning guns will do nothing. People will still get them the way they get drugs. If one teacher in that school actually had a gun, kids woulda seen Christmas.
^ That (10chars)

Stream:

DM Morbid

Founder
I feel horrible for what happened to those children and everyone else involved. It is tragic and sad that some people just don't care about anyone and think going out with a bang is cool or something. Ruining so many lives? Go to hell.

On another note, guns don't kill people, people kill people. Do you think I should have my 2 rifles taken from me because some lunatic used stolen guns 500 miles away? Should my dad who is getting older and less able to defend himself have his pistols taken away? No.

Stream:

DM Blazer

BulletProof
Founding Member
I would be suprised if schools across the country don't keep a police officer in the school.

My high school had two sheriffs officers, but then again this was high school.

To be honest, expect copycats so give it some time and then get some laws to help the people who have mental problems

Stream:

DM DHomeboy

The King. 普
DM Oldmanjenkins said:
Now that I'm not post blocked I'm gonna speak my opinion on the shooting here in ct. Usually I'm the one to quickly go for the conspiracy theory. And yup I'm gonna do it again. Its fucking sick and twisted that someone would go to an elementary school and kill a bunch of little kids. Its disgusting that they would stoop that low for gun control. Before you jump to conclusions. Don't you think its a little bit strange how it happens to be a 'mentally ill' white guy with access to legally owned guns? JUST LIKE THE BATMAN THEATRE SHOOTING! Its called problem action solution. The government wants to take away our second ammendment. They can't just take it away tho. They have to create a problem that would justify it. And what better way to do that then to have massacres happen with (Legally bought and owned weapons) what makes this seem fishy as fuck is that you don't hear about any massacres happening with illegally bought weapons. When there is access to illegal weapons everywhere. Shit I can walk down my street and find out where to get a fully auto ak47 within minutes. As farfetched as this all sounds I'm not crazy. Man you gotta question everything! And if you say, naahh why would they want to do that to our own people? Nato has been killing innocent children and citizens in other countries for years now. I guarentee you there gonna start talking about gun control and irraticating the second ammendment. Just watch. On a closing note my heart goes out to all the parents and students and teachers that had to go through this. This is the most fucked up shit I've ever seen happen in my own state. Idk what I would do if I had lost my child to some shit like that.
Thoughts? .

Stream:

OUTL4W

gotta light?
Admin
Founder
Addict
words can't express the amount of sorrow felt for the families....

not meant to start anything but watched "Dark Knight Rises" last night and caught a glimpse of this at about the 1:58mark...how much of a coincidence is it that the shooting lasted almost 2min.

and then found this:

Strike zone#1