Rumor:PS3 Black Ops Server closing?|SOCOM 4 Beta!

Stream:

DM xDarkKx

The Senior Elite
Console: Headset:
Rumor:pS3 Black Ops Servers shutting down?

In response to ongoing connection issues and vocal customer criticism, a spokesperson for Activision has reportedly told an angry PlayStation 3 owner that the publisher may shut down Call of Duty: Black Ops’ PlayStation Network servers.

Senior support representative Dov Carson apparently replied to blogger Jason Koblovsky’s complaints by advising that Activision may be prepared to close the game’s PSN servers.
“The publishers have the right to shut down the servers for their game at any time as well which based on the number of reported posts from users may be a viable solution over the free PSN,” he wrote.
Carson suggested to Koblovsky that the latter return his Black Ops disc to Activision, offering a “one time courtesy” exchange for another title, another platform’s version of Black Ops, or an unopened disc to return to a retailer.
Sister studio Infinity Ward also seems to be giving up on Sony’s network, laying the blame for Modern Warfare 2’s security issues at the platform holder’s door.
Activision’s told us it’s “looking into” the matter for us this morning

Get KZ3. Why? You get the SOCOM 4 beta!

Sony has announced that those who purchase specially marked packages of Killzone 3 will get access to the SOCOM 4 multiplayer beta.

To get early access to the beta, look for the SOCOM 4 notice on the front of all eligible copies of Killzone 3 on both the standalone and Helghast Editions.
Inside is a PSN code that you’ll be able to redeem for your early access as soon as the beta goes live.
Killzone 3 hits February 22 in the US, but there isn't a confirmed date for SOCOM 4 or its beta just yet. More information on the multiplayer beta is promised soon.
Sony Europe has confirmed the SOCOM Special Forces beta will arrive over there as well, and once more information becomes available the EU PS Blog will post an update.
Head on over to the US PS Blog for more, as well as KZ3 packshots.
Killzone 3 hits on February 23 in Europe, and February 25 in the UK.

How will you know if your copy of KZ3 has the beta of SOCOM 4?
If your copy of KZ3 looks like this:

Stream:

DM xDarkKx

The Senior Elite
If it happens. I would rage like im smashing my ps3 and the black ops disc flys in the air and explodes! Lets hope it doesnt shut downXD.

Stream:

DM xDarkKx

The Senior Elite
should I pre-order KZ3????
Here's what you get when you pre-order. Includes the benefits of it.

if you pre-order the game from selected retailers, you’ll get all this:
  • Guerrilla Pack
    Unlocks all weapons and abilities for your first 24 hours of multiplayer gameplay.
  • Fast Starter Pack
    Lets you rise through the ranks faster by earning experience points at twice the normal rate for your first 24 hours of multiplayer gameplay.
  • Unlock & Load Pack
    Gives you 3 unlock points to use on any weapon or ability you want.
The Helghast Edition will feature all of the above, as well as a hand-decorated Helghast helmet, a 100-page hardbound art book, a cloaking marksman figure and the pre-order goods.

If you want the Helghast Edition which is ^

Stream:

DM Toonaami

<span style="font-weight:bold;color:red;background
If it does happen i doubt it would be perma, and if so then im glad i got an xbox LOL

Stream:

DM RiCo ♛

[YARB] Bieber Fever!!!
Founding Member
I highly doubt it'll happen specially after MLG wentPS3, but if it does word is that they will take ur copy and give u another activation game. Or switch ur copy for a sealed one that could exchange at the retail store. I'd prolly just pick killzone or resistance.

Stream:

DM FlyMEXboy

DM mohh1 OG
Founding Member
Lol that's funny, they just can't admit the fact that they got hacked. They put the blame on Sony when the ps3 mw2 hacking was through a SAVED GAME. They are the ones that decided to make them portable like dumbasses

Stream:

DM DeadlyCobraX

Diesel Technician
Here's what you get when you pre-order. Includes the benefits of it.

if you pre-order the game from selected retailers, you’ll get all this:
  • Guerrilla Pack
    Unlocks all weapons and abilities for your first 24 hours of multiplayer gameplay.
  • Fast Starter Pack
    Lets you rise through the ranks faster by earning experience points at twice the normal rate for your first 24 hours of multiplayer gameplay.
  • Unlock & Load Pack
    Gives you 3 unlock points to use on any weapon or ability you want.
The Helghast Edition will feature all of the above, as well as a hand-decorated Helghast helmet, a 100-page hardbound art book, a cloaking marksman figure and the pre-order goods.

If you want the Helghast Edition which is ^
hell yea son this is wat im gettin

Stream:

DM TStreets

SC4 Commander
Founding Member
lol ya fuck it if it does maybe ps3/360 sud pay close attention 2 wat ppl do online cfw, hackin, and glitchin etc . . . .

Stream:

DM Andy Rosas ♛

The Senior Elite
I highly doubt it'll happen specially after MLG wentPS3, but if it does word is that they will take ur copy and give u another activation game. Or switch ur copy for a sealed one that could exchange at the retail store. I'd prolly just pick killzone or resistance.
The developer apparently can shut it down at any time. But i think the Song buying out the MLG contracts won't interfere with them shutting BO servers

Stream:

DM RiCo ♛

[YARB] Bieber Fever!!!
Founding Member
Its not happening, they said they could do it but they arent gonna. It would really be a bad business call if they did anyways.

Stream:

DM xDarkKx

The Senior Elite
I just found a kinda cool game which is out now for PSN.
[youtube]btKg02n1ulc[/youtube]
Looks good for a price of $8. Im still wondering if you need playstation move to play it.

EDIT:
I just looked at the PS Store. It has a demo for free and you can upgrade to Full game if you want to. Im downloading the demo right nowXD.