PS3 Headset: Suggestions?

Stream:

DM CptReilly

He's fizzy, he's ginger
Founder
Console: Headset:
Hey guys,

I'm still trying to settle into my new PS3 lifestyle and I'm looking for a mic so I can talk to people and I'm thinking about a headset-style mic so I can play without waking the dead.

I'm not looking to spend a fortune here, just a solid headset that offers comfort, good sound, no batteries (some kind of recharge option preferred).

Looks like there are some older Turtle Beach models on amazon. Also some ps3 accessories are on sale right now including this thing http://www.amazon.com/Pulse-Wireles..._m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1PQJDT6JJM2XKCJ1JYFK

Anyway, you guys are the experts, let me know what you suggest.

PSN: CptReilly if you want to add me go for it!

Stream:

DM Kinger

DM's Biggest Hippie
Founding Member
Couple pointers before you jump in bro: There is no way to silence out everything like the Xbox. There is still noise behind you. My set-up is surround sound and then the headset for voice stuff only.

Pulse is a good buy. It's why I currently have, my old Turtle Beaches broke, but were also solid. However I do like the Pulse a lot, just expect to charge it frequently however.

Stream:

DM RiCo ♛

[YARB] Bieber Fever!!!
Founding Member
I have turtle beaches, the sound stopped working like two years ago so I had em changed which was free bc of best buy insurance. I have the turtle beaches px21 they are usb so no need to charge just wired up with a long ass cord so you can adjust it.

Last headset I looked at was the Steel Series Siberia v2 for ps3 it goes for like $120 from the steel series site. Supposedly really comfortable and good overall. I think the headset alone is cheaper if you already own a mixamp, don't quote me tho lol.

Stream:

DM CptReilly

He's fizzy, he's ginger
Founder
Thanks for the pointers fellas! I really like the look and PRICE of Hunt3r's Trittons. The main thing I like about my turtle beach is the fabric/mesh surface on the ear cups (breathable, cool, doesnt stick to my head) and it looks like the Trittons dont have that but at $60 they might be worth a try.

One more thing: When I started using HDMI on my xbox, I had to get an adapter for the audio to go through the turtle beach. Any idea if I need to get any kind of adapter for headset use on the ps3?

Stream:

DM Toonaami

<span style="font-weight:bold;color:red;background
the PS3 sounds and voice is through USB.

Stream:

DM Michigan

Founder
Founding Member
Addict
I have a suggestion. Buy Black Ops 2. Used. $40ish. k cya on there.

Stream:

DM ToRNaDo412

PSN: xFouR1TwOx
Thanks for the pointers fellas! I really like the look and PRICE of Hunt3r's Trittons. The main thing I like about my turtle beach is the fabric/mesh surface on the ear cups (breathable, cool, doesnt stick to my head) and it looks like the Trittons dont have that but at $60 they might be worth a try.

One more thing: When I started using HDMI on my xbox, I had to get an adapter for the audio to go through the turtle beach. Any idea if I need to get any kind of adapter for headset use on the ps3?
no adapter needed you just need to mess with the settings.

i personally still use px21s....old but work. you cant really soundwhore much on bo2

Stream:

DM Razor_Bladez

Mr. Big Dick
PX3's with a dss2 adapter hooked up to em.. Kind of an expensive Hooke up, but best sound quality unless you get Astros.. The PX3s are 120 ( they are wireless also) Dss2 is about 70, but you don't really need it unless you wanna go 7.1 surround..