More than one Miguel is good!

Stream:

OUTL4W

gotta light?
Admin
Founder
Addict
Console: Headset:
What a great first weekend back after the All-Star Break!* Both Friday and Saturday were filled with many great performances to start our second half.* Everyone is loving the rest they got for those few days and seems everyone is poised to make a statement moving forward to a World Series shot, playoff spot, or catch that final Wild Card slot.* We have a lot of baseball left so don’t worry if you are not in playoffs yet in your fantasy league. * I hope we can help better your team and give you the best fantasy baseball news and advice around.* Without any more distractions here is Saturday’s recap.
Miguel Gonzalez:* 6.2IP, 8 hits, 1 earned, 0BB, and 3Ks.* Another starter who started slow in 2013 but if you remember he got real hot in the second half last year and seems to be doing the same later on this year.* He is now 8-3 on the year with a 3.34 ERA with this Baltimore offense, which is going to be a big help to the young arm going forward. * Gonzalez has been on fire and is a must pick up in mixed leagues, if you don’t feel comfortable adding him you must add him to the watch list.* He’ll be gone soon from the waiver wire.
Andrew McCutchen:* 4-5 with one run, one home run, and one RBI.* His power hasn’t emerged quite yet but he has the whole second half to get to 25-30 homers which we all know he is capable of.* The last few games he has raised his average seven points and is now hitting .306 on the year with a .379 OBP.* His 12 homers, 51 RBIs, and 58 runs scored are among tops in the league and he is still worth every penny in fantasy value.
Alex Rios:* 3-5 with two runs, one home run, and five RBIs.* A hot commodity this summer in the trade deadline, a lot of teams are asking about the veteran outfielder.* He was benched on Friday for lack of hustle on a double play ball but came back Saturday showing Robin Ventura that he means business.* He followed up Friday with a huge grand slam which was the difference maker in the 10-6 win over the Braves.* Rios has been showing solid numbers all year and should be in all leagues, even if he is traded.* His .277 average, 12 homers, 48 RBIs, and 49 runs scored are great production numbers.* It looks like his slumps are over and he’s back to him old self.* He is back after a great 2012 campaign.
Gio Gonzalez:* 6IP, 4 hits, 0 earned, 2BB, and 11Ks.* He struggled earlier on in the season but he found himself and has been killing it ever since.* His ERA pushed 5.00 but now over the last two months has lowered to a 2.89 and a 7-3 record with 125 punch outs.* Along with Strasburg and Zimmerman, this Nationals 1 through 3 in the starting rotation is the best in baseball if you ask me.
Jonathan Lucroy: 4-4 with one run, a home run, and two RBIs.* This was Lucroy’s third four hit game of the year and has been on absolute fire over the last five weeks.* With a .286 batting average, 14 dingers, and 54 RBIs are among the best for catchers.* He leads all catchers with those 54 RBIs.* He is a must own and a must start in all league formats.
Dexter Fowler:* 2-3 with one run, three RBIs, and a stolen base.* His power all came in April and hasn’t had much since but is still producing enough to remain and important part of any ones fantasy team.* Still hitting .285 with a .382 OBP as a leadoff man is extremely important to have going forward.* Fowler’s 11 homers, 30 RBIs, and 53 runs scored are great production value to have and he gets on base which in my eyes is the most important.* That OBP and money ball mind set is how I pick my fantasy players.
C.J. Wilson: 8.1IP, 3 hits, 0 earned, 2BB, and 8Ks.* It seemed he wasn’t going to be the same left he was in Texas.* Over the last month he has shown otherwise.* Wilson held the scorching hot A’s to only 3 hits and zero runs which lowered his ERA to a real solid 3.15 and improved to 10-6 on the year.* I can see him continuing to lower his ERA and finish the year with a 2.65-2.85 by September.* With the Angels looking a little better of late, I’d make sure to get Wilson in for all his starts.
There you have it Saturday’s recap!* I wish I could do Sunday as well because today there were so many amazing pitching performances from all around baseball.* Weekends are always great for fantasy.* You guys know the deal by now, any questions, advice, concerns, requests; please contact myself or any of our great staff writers.* My Twitter tag is @NickRosa4 or even through the blog just leave us some comments.* Good luck everyone to the first full week back from break!

More...