iPhone 6s are being bent in people’s pockets (including mine)

Stream:

News Bot

Your News Bitch
Console: Headset:
Apple By Russell Holly Sep. 23, 2014 2:22 pm
You aren’t holding it wrong this time, but there’s a good chance your pocket might be doing terrible things to your iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus. Owners of these new gadgets are reporting serious warping issues after the phones have done little more than exist inside a pair of pants.
Apple’s aluminum unibody design is easy to appreciate, and the iPhone 6 launch makes it easy to fall in love all over again. The curved edges to this phone are comfortable, and phone is just about as thin and light as you can get today. Unfortunately, it looks like Apple has sacrificed durability in exchange for that thin profile and impossibly light experience. Users are starting to report warping in iPhone 6 Plus models, and the images that accompany these reports are cringeworthy to say the least.
Macrumors is currently showing off reports from their own forums of users who have noticed this case warping. In these reports, the phone has been comfortably left in a pocket for extended periods of time. With the significant increase in size the iPhone 6 Plus offers, the warped casing really stands out.

Just to be on the safe side, shortly after reading these reports I checked out my own iPhone 6 and discovered a similar but significantly less noticeable effect. Much like these other reports, my phone had been in my front pocket for an extended period of time while I was driving. The phone is otherwise in perfect working order, and has never once been dropped or sat on or anything.

This is potentially a very serious issue. The iPhone should be capable of surviving a lot more than the pressure from fabric against your skin can create, since I’ve been taking photos of this phone for coverage here on Geek.com I can say with certainty that the warped casing on this phone did not exist when it was taken out of the box a few days ago. We’ve reached out to Apple for comment, and will update as more information arrives.

More...