Hecmanroto’s Friday Recap!

Stream:

News Bot

Your News Bitch
Console: Headset:
Here is a quick Friday Recap as the regular season for fantasy has one full week left once the new week begins on Labor Day. For Friday, since it’s time to find some of those streaky sleepers heading into playoffs, I’ll pick my Top Five hidden gems per say. Let’s get right to them and hopefully they stay hot the rest of the year! These are in no particular order, just an overall top five from Friday.
Mark Buehrle: 7IP, 4 hits, 0 earned, 1BB, and 5Ks. A location, accurate, junk throwing, left hander who through all the ups and downs of his career, always ended up finishing with a respectable ERA. Hovering around a 7.02 at one point he is now at a 3.92 with an 11-7 record. He is managing to still get it done and over the last five or so starts he has been more than nice for fantasy owners who decided to pick him up. In his last 40 innings pitched he has an excellent 2.70 ERA to go along with 30:10 K: BB ratio. If he’s available grab him immediately or if you had him benched get him back in the rotation. Being able to shutdown a hot Royals team dead in their tracks says a lot about his value now. He’ll be a big help!
Dillon Gee: 7.2IP, 6 hits, 2 earned runs, 1BB, and 3Ks. One of the hottest pitchers in baseball at the moment is no one would suspect. With Matt Harvey stealing the thunder in Mets starting rotation, Gee was quietly doing his thing on the side. Now with the horrible news of Harvey down for the remainder of the season and possibly all of 2014, Gee could be looking to fill in pretty well if he can remain at this form or even a tad bit worse would be excellent. In his last 42 innings pitched he has a 2.14 ERA! Overall he is 10-9 in 2013. Makes you want to do double take! Gee doesn’t have an overwhelming arm with a ton of strikeouts as he earned 25 of them in those 42 innings. Keep him in at all costs and if he for some reason is a free agent….well….that should be changed.
Shane Victorino: 2-4 with two runs, one RBI, and one stolen base. I know he is not a free agent in anyone’s league and the way he has been playing can’t be ignored. Victorino is playing like his early ‘Flyin Hawaiian’ days. In his last 30 days where he had 111 at bats, he has accumulated 23 runs, seven homers, 22 RBIs, and 4 stolen bases. The power is an added bonus but he has been playing hot and the best part is his .324 batting average to go along with a .392 OBP in that 30 day span! Overall his .297 average, .350 OBP, 12 home runs, 51 RBIs, 70 runs, and 18 stolen bases leave him as an elite all around fantasy option now. If you have him on the bench the best thing to do was to get him in your lineup three weeks ago. Get him in now!
Justin Morneau: 1-4 with one run, one home run, and one RBI. The one home run was the only highlight of his Friday night but it meant the game and the win over the first place Texas Rangers. With the HUGE news of Morneau being from the out of contention Twins to the hot contending Pirates. Morneau is only hitting .259 on the year and .250 in his last 30 days, that isn’t too appetizing to fantasy owners. I’ve seen people bench but never drop so far. Everything is about to change for his fantasy value heading into playoffs. Now with Pittsburgh and a much better offense he could see a spike in production. The Pirates needed help in right field and first base and upgraded very well in a week’s time. The reason I have him here is because, despite his average, in his last 30 days his has nine home runs and 21 RBIs. Keep him in lineups at all costs!
Taijuan Walker: 5IP, 2 hits, 1 R (0 Earned), 1BB, and 2Ks. One of MLBs most talented pitching prospects, Walker made his debut Friday night and while he wasn’t dominate he did pitch fairly well.
He did shut down the Astros over five frames and got his first big league win over them but he could be a good pitcher to snag heading down the home stretch of the fantasy baseball season. The 21 year old phenom can help all formats in the last week of fantasy and for those teams moving on to playoffs. People may be over him quick already but it’ll definitely happen if he pitches well in his next outing against the Royals.
There is my Top Five from Friday who I think can benefit your team in the last week and playoffs. Any advice before heading into the last week and playoffs of fantasy please feel free to ask here or get to me on Twitter @NickRosa4. Our team is here for you and wants to guide you to a championship! I’ll be back tomorrow for Saturday’s Top Five fantasy options. For a final count 10 by tomorrow night, I hope any of these players can help better your team going into the final weeks of this great year. I snagged some of these guys and my team had jumped from ninth to fifth since the All-Star break and being in playoffs I plan to go all the way now! Hard work and researching the right players do pay off! Good luck everyone!

More...