Has the war in Iraq done more good or harm?

Stream:

DM Bowser

The Original Bowser™
Founding Member
Console: Headset:
I figured this would be a good and interesting discussion topic. What do you guys think?

Stream:

DM Morbid

Founder
The only 2 positives i can think of:
1. Took Saddam out of power.
2. Proved there were no weapons of mass destruction.

Nothing else...

Stream:

DM Bowser

The Original Bowser™
Founding Member
so im guessing you think its done more harm then? haha

Stream:

DM Deathrow

<span style="font-weight:bold;color:lime;backgroun
Great discussion thread Tailz. Hopefully people here will post in a well behaved manner and contribute to the things they know.

Personally, I believe that the war has certain negative impacts on us because it requires us to send soldiers who have fallen from terrorist attacks and we are fighting trying to intervene with Iraq's government. Many have fallen because of this course of action.

Why I think it has helped our country is because it brings awareness to our national security. After the attacks of 911, our national security was proven that it was not tight enough. We want to capture these terrorist leaders because we cannot allow them to ever repeat history and strike again.

Stream:

DM Hunt3r

PSN = Hunterish__dM
Founding Member
NO WAR has ever been good for the US. Period. Whether they're for a good intention or not, there are always two common themes.

1. They put us in debt.
2. The cause loss of American life.

Any more questions?...

Stream:

DM Toonaami

<span style="font-weight:bold;color:red;background
Good thread no shit posts so far keep it that way.

I think we had the right intentions but we have lost our way. We did take saddam out of power which is good because he was causing mass killings of his people which is evil so that was good but now we are wasting time and money.

Stream:

DM Morbid

Founder
NO WAR has ever been good for the US. Period. Whether they're for a good intention or not, there are always two common themes.

1. They put us in debt.
2. The cause loss of American life.

Any more questions?...
hunty ilu but i completely disagree

Revolutionary war was something that was good for the US....

WWII is pretty much what got us out of the depression. Not to mention if we hadn't jumped in....who knows how long it would have been before Germany had us in their scopes.

Stream:

DM Hunt3r

PSN = Hunterish__dM
Founding Member
hunty ilu but i completely disagree

Revolutionary war was something that was good for the US....

WWII is pretty much what got us out of the depression. Not to mention if we hadn't jumped in....who knows how long it would have been before Germany had us in their scopes.
You completely disagree with my statement because of two wars?

The Revolutionary War was a disaster for the United States. The only thing good that came out of it was our freedom. And that was only temporary. If Washington wasn't our first president we would not be here today.

And money is the only good thing that came out of WWII for America. The Japanese made us look silly in that war.

PS ILY TOO BRO. <3

Stream:

DM KNIGHTParikh

KAMIKAZEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Founding Member
We stayed in Iraq too long. We did our job and that was when we had to get out.

Stream:

DM Undead_CORPSE69

The Senior Elite
in the end its all about the money and power in the world

and about the security its hard to try and have a secure country because with more security comes less freedom, its hard trying to balance the 2 things people want the most

Stream:

DM FlyMEXboy

DM mohh1 OG
Founding Member
People are bound to history, it's a repeating cycle. Vietnam we lost because of no moral support. Now look no moral support in AFGANISTAN! Who wanted the war in the first place? War is a natural occurrence in our lives its just how we put the perspective in it.

Stream:

DM ToRNaDo412

PSN: xFouR1TwOx
we've always been in debt and always will be.

this war has obviously had a negative effect on america. we invaded iraq because it benefited george w. bush's daddy's friends under the false premise that we're looking for WOMDs. all it has done in the "fight against terror" has caused more death and despair and is one of the reasons why he'll go down as one of the worst presidents in american history. then obama has to clean his shit up and everyone's sayin he's doing a bad job. you try and clean up after a fucking moron. but yeah this is about the war in iraq. we shouldn't even be in iraq. we should be focusing on afganistan and finding bin laden.

Stream:

I

iP AlwayZ

Yeah, it made us more Call of Duty titles, so us DM4L can still be DM4L playin CoD GBs

Stream:

DM Hunt3r

PSN = Hunterish__dM
Founding Member
we've always been in debt and always will be.

this war has obviously had a negative effect on america. we invaded iraq because it benefited george w. bush's daddy's friends under the false premise that we're looking for WOMDs. all it has done in the "fight against terror" has caused more death and despair and is one of the reasons why he'll go down as one of the worst presidents in american history. then obama has to clean his shit up and everyone's sayin he's doing a bad job. you try and clean up after a fucking moron. but yeah this is about the war in iraq. we shouldn't even be in iraq. we should be focusing on afganistan and finding bin laden.
Actually there was a small period of time (<4 years) when America was debt free. I want to say that it was during Madison's presidency, but I can't say for sure.