Connection Help

Stream:

DM Kinger

DM's Biggest Hippie
Founding Member
Console: Headset:
Alright so I've been having some issues. Mostly (by the title) I have issues with my NAT and connection in general. I've figured out my problem: UPnP. It's not available. I've enabled and shit, but yeah, it doesn't work. So my connection test ends at NAT Type 3 and UPnP: Not Available. No download speeds. It also says I can't work off IP fractures. So what do I do, to make my Universal Plug and Play available???

Additional info: My router is a Linksys EtherFast 10/100. If this helps.

Stream:

DM ToRNaDo412

PSN: xFouR1TwOx
when you set up your internet connection on your ps3 did you turn upnp on? try checking your connection settings.

but on a side note if you have access to your router and the admin password you should be able to open up your NAT

Stream:

DM Kinger

DM's Biggest Hippie
Founding Member
I did enable it. It just says "not available". I have no access to my Internet. None. I couldn't get anything, cuz my school Is a dick about this stuff. Right now they see what I'm posting. Right now they could ban me. Big brother. Just have to go with the flow

Stream:

DM Psycotic

Motherlovers....UNITE!
Founding Member
you enter the router's address. normally it's 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.10.254 or something similar. it should say on the router, although i doubt you can get your hands on that. You then go the the 'toolbox' and it should have the UPnP option.

However, that's never done any difference for me. For me, it's about setting a static IP. Of course, if you set a static IP, you could run into the problem of other devices on the network that use the same address. the two devices will conflict and boom none work correctly.
To get over that, you have to set each device a static IP.

Can't you just go home and play?

Stream:

DM Kinger

DM's Biggest Hippie
Founding Member
Dude I live at school, my stepmom teaches there

Stream:

DM Psycotic

Motherlovers....UNITE!
Founding Member
I don't know your life story lol. What kind of school is it?
And regarding your statement 'right now they see what im posting', ever heard of encryption? If you're stuck in a public place then you need encryption... Unless you want everyone to be looking in on you, taking your data.

Stream:

DM Kinger

DM's Biggest Hippie
Founding Member
I know u don't lol

www.williston.com

Theyre not the smartest, but dude I'm not emcrypting, besides my life is boring. Anyways, prep school baby!

Stream:

DM Kinger

DM's Biggest Hippie
Founding Member
Yea dude. We have this thing called a campus, and on it has dorms. And ppl live in these dorms and these ppl have kids. I live in a house, but use to be in a dorm

Stream:

DM Blazer

BulletProof
Founding Member
you have to buy a wireless router to fix your problem. School wireless is setup so other connections have limited affect on their service. Just buy a refurbished one off amazon that has b/g wireless

Stream:

DM Psycotic

Motherlovers....UNITE!
Founding Member
you have to buy a wireless router to fix your problem. School wireless is setup so other connections have limited affect on their service. Just buy a refurbished one off amazon that has b/g wireless
Too many gateways, too much trouble.