gotta light?
Admin
Founder
Addict
Console: Headset:
Add to My News
Story by Brenna Hillier

Mon, Aug 05, 2013 | 02:40 BST
Although it has no immediate plans to end the franchise, Ubisoft knows how the story of Assassin’s Creed will wind down when the time comes.

Speaking to Eurogamer, Assassin’s Creed 4: Black Flag game director Ashraf Ismail said a rough outline of the ending narrative is already in place.
“The brand team that sits on top and is filled with writers and designers concerned with the series’ overall arc. So there is an overall arc, and each iteration has its place inside this,” he said.
“We have an idea of where the end is, what the end is.”
Ismail confirmed Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot’s statement that Assassin’s Creed is an annual title, thanks to multiple development teams, and said that the overall plan has room for changes if necessary.
“Depending on the setting, depending on what fans want, we’ve given ourselves room to fit more in this arc. But there is an end,” he reiterated.
Because Ubisoft has multiple Assassin’s Creed titles in the works at any given time – including three more right now – on a staggered development schedule, teams are able to ask each other to drop hints and foreshadowing into each other’s titles.
“We’re now able to seed stuff earlier and earlier in our games. So for example in Assassin’s Creed 4 we have Edward, who was seeded in Assassin’s Creed 3. But there’s a lot more stuff in our game that is hinting at other possibilities,” Ismail said.
The latest entry, Black Flag, is coming to PC, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Wii U, Xbox 360 and Xbox One. Only the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions have been confirmed for launch at the end of October and early November; the next-gen releases are expected when the new hardware turns up and the PC release is likely to trail consoles a little.

More...

Stream:

DM CptReilly

He's fizzy, he's ginger
Founder
Console: Headset:
It's always tough to see your favorite storylines end, but I would rather see them end in a reasonable and dignified way rather than be milked to the bitter end for every dollar, without consideration for the story. I'm glad that the devs have an outline for the ending of the series.

My opinion on this matter originates from the following:

I got so invested in LOST and I always told myself that the writing team had been impeccable throughout the series, so they will definitely flesh out every story arc that was introduced in the show... flash forward to the end of the finale and see screaming out the window, asking the Gods for some closure for various plot lines. I just wish they could have had endings in place for everything that was introduced.