A great father day story!

Stream:

DM xFantin

Retired Canadian
Founder
Addict
Console: Headset:
This was during the jays game today. John McDonald's father passed away last week, and this was his first game back since he lost his father. In his first at bat since, a pinch hit in the 9th inning, he hit his first homerun of the season. Read the news article:

TORONTO -- John McDonald's bottom lip quivered as he recalled the conversation with his late father, Jack.
They were talking about what kind of player the light-hitting utility infielder was, and Jack had a request for his son.
"Hit your next home run for me," he said, shortly before he died from liver cancer on Tuesday.
John McDonald obliged. In his first at-bat after the funeral on Friday. On Father's Day.
His first thought as he was rounding the bases?
"Probably the fact that I couldn't call my dad after the game," McDonald said, the corner of his eyes dampening.
"I think it was for both of us. ... The fact I got that out of the way quick, was nice. I told him they're not that easy to hit."
On most days, the light-hitting infielder's home run in the ninth inning of a 9-6 Toronto Blue Jays loss to the San Francisco Giants would be a footnote. On Sunday, it was one of those rare times in sports when a single moment supersedes victories and losses.
"I think it brought tears to just about everyone's eyes," said manager Cito Gaston.
McDonald rejoined his teammates Saturday and was only seeing action Sunday as a late-inning replacement for second baseman Aaron Hill in a blowout game. But he welcomed the opportunity to play, jumped all over an 0-1 curveball from Jeremy Affeldt and sent his first of the season just over the left-field wall.
He pumped his fist as the ball disappeared into the bullpen.
"My dad wanted me to be here for Father's Day," said McDonald, who has a young daughter. "I'm not usually happy or excited post-game after a loss, but it was a special moment for our family."
For his teammates, too.
McDonald was given an emotional reception in the Blue Jays dugout, and then was hugged by Vernon Wells, Hill, Shaun Marcum and Casey Janssen in the tunnel to the clubhouse.
"We cried on each other's shoulders for a good 30 seconds," said Wells. "When it went out it was instant goosebumps. Wins and losses don't really matter at that point, that was one of the most special moments I've gotten to see in this game.
"I think that's the happiest loss any of us have encountered in our professional careers."
Wells and the rest of the team presented McDonald with a jersey featuring his dad's name with his umpiring No. 25 before the game. Every player on the team signed it.
"Just a sign that we're with you," explained Wells.
Despite his limited role on the field, the 35-year-old is wildly popular with fans and loved by his teammates. Upon returning from the funeral, he briefly visited with Gaston and then walked into the clubhouse where he was promptly greeted by Marcum, who said, "Come here and give me a hug big fella."
"That was something pretty special," Marcum said of the home run

Stream:

RizZaHReCToR

The Enemy of Mankind
great story.

After reading that article all i can think is "wow, Vernon Wells still has a job?"

Stream:

DM xFantin

Retired Canadian
Founder
Addict
hes actually doing well this year.... finally.