2013 Fantasy Football, Anatomy of an Auction

Stream:

News Bot

Your News Bitch
Console: Headset:

Above are the results from an auction I participated in this past Saturday. If you look at it a little, you’ll notice some things went a little screwy. The lesson, which is one you’ve already learned if you’ve done a few auctions, is that every auction is different. We’ll get into the specifics of this auction later, but first I want to talk about how to prepare for an auction.
The first step when preparing for an auction is coming up with a budget. Unlike a snake draft, you have a lot of options when it comes to roster construction. But I find it’s best to try and treat an auction as much like a snake as possible in order to build a balanced, deep team. My goal is to essentially get a one player that would go in each round of a snake draft. So to prepare a budget, I simply take the midpoint price of each round to set a baseline price for each of my picks. For example, in a 12-team league, I would average the cost of my sixth and seventh ranked players to determine about how much I want to spend on my most expensive player. Here is the budget I came up with for this 12-team auction.
Read more by logging in or purchasing The Fix's "Front Office" package or '13 Fantasy Football Draft Kit -->.

More...