2013 Fantasy Baseball Daily Fix: September 2nd 2013

Stream:

News Bot

Your News Bitch
Console: Headset:
I’m heading into the MLB Chin Music (Early Only) [$300 Gtd.] pool today at DraftKings – just $5 to enter and first place takes home $60. The top 15 finishers cash in this single entry contest that is capped at 70 entries.
This is an early only contest. There are a ton of game options today so you could play all day (which I certainly encourage). I’ve got $900 left in salary so I may look to upgrade my outfielders or shortstop later in the day.
Also, as this is an early set of games, check lineups as there may be a bunch of guys sitting out these early games for rest after later games on Sunday.
Don’t forget to claim your deposit bonus!
Rotoinfo.com provides excellent updates as lineups roll in. And follow me on Twitter with any changes as lineups roll in.
DraftKings.com Team of the Day:
My two choices at pitcher spoke to me today. I usually struggle to pick the right starting pitcher and it comes back to haunt. However, these guys jumped right out at me. This of course means they will get bombed.
Paul Maholm | RHP | Braves | $10,600 – Maholm has pitched 80 innings against the Mets in his career and has a tidy 3.49 ERA. The Mets are coming back from a late night heartbreaker against the Nats. Earlier this season, Maholm faced the Mets and struck out seven over seven innings, but took the loss. Look for a better result today.
Danny Duffy | LHP | Royals | $7,000 – Duffy’s last two starts have been fantastic as he’s pitched 12 2/3 shutout innings with 10 strikeouts over the time period. Perhaps even more important, Duffy faces off against the Mariners who are awful against lefthanders. They are 29th in OPS against lefties at .660. And the Mariners recently traded one of the only hitters they had who could hit lefties. Finally, they were shut out Sunday by lefthander Brett Oberholtzer. Start with confidence.
I’m also looking at Adam Wainwright ($9,100) against the Reds and Tyler Thornburg ($5,000) against the Pirates.
Yadier Molina | C | Cardinals | $3,900 – Molina has a great record against Mat Latos with 12 hits in 29 at bats with a home run for a 1.034 OPS. There is a chance he sits because it’s a day game, but I think the Cards still trot him out there. If Molina is gone, I’d look at Jarrod Saltalamacchia who has five hits in eight at bats against Doug Fister also with a home run. Nick Hundley is also a nice option with two home runs against Giants’ starter Barry Zito.
Freddie Freeman | 1B | Braves | $4,400 – The Braves face Dice-K. Dice-K is a right handed pitcher. He isn’t especially good at pitching. Freeman has a .916 OPS versus righties and a .967 OPS at home. He should have a field day.
Robinson Cano | 2B | Yankees | $5,400 – I didn’t find a lot to like in batter versus pitcher numbers, so I’ll go with Cano who has four double digit games in his last ten. I may end up reconsidering this with another of my old standbys in Matt Carpenter.
Mark Reynolds | 1B/3B | Yankees | $4,400 – Reynolds has been fantastic for the Yankees against lefties and he’s at home a friendly little park for home runs. He’s got a .786 OPS with seven home runs in 146 plate appearances. He’s got double digit points in three of his last four games on DraftKings.
Stephen Drew | SS | Red Sox | $3,500 – Drew has a .789 OPS against righties and Doug Fister has struggled over his last few starts. You could also go with Starlin Castro ($4,600) here as it seems he’s finally woken up.
Giancarlo Stanton | OF | Marlins | $5,300 – Stanton has faced Travis Wood only five times and he has one hit – a home run- against Wood. Stanton has crushed lefties in his career (.940 OPS in 466 plate appearances). Stanton has a minor ankle injury so monitor the situation closely.
Carlos Beltran | OF | Cardinals | $4,300 – Beltran also has a minor injury as he sat out Sunday’s game with a back injury. However, his batter versus pitcher numbers are too good to ignore with seven hits in 21 at bats with three home runs against Mat Latos. Check the lineups in the late morning to see where Beltran is.
Chris Denorfia | OF | Padres | $3,600 – Denorfia sports an .841 OPS against left hander starters and faces Barry Zito who isn’t all that good and is left handed.
Jon Jay is another option in the OF at $3,700. He’s got excellent numbers against Mat Latos. The Reds triumvirate of Ryan Ludwick ($3,400), Shin-Soo Choo ($4,800 and Jay Bruce ($4,000) all have great numbers against Cardinals’ starter Adam Wainwright and could also be utilized.
If you are looking to stack, I’d look at the Cardinals against Mat Latos, the Red Sox against Doug Fister (who has struggled lately) or the Yankees against Jose Quintana.
Good luck today!

More...