2013 Fantasy Baseball Daily Fix: August 4th 2013

Stream:

OUTL4W

gotta light?
Admin
Founder
Addict
Console: Headset:

Today I will be playing the Daily Dollar (great for beginners) If you are new to @DraftKings Daily Fantasy Baseball, you can claim your Deposit Bonus here!
With no rain delays looking likely on tomorrow’s ledger, it will be a pretty smooth and easy day for picking the best possible players.
PlayerTeamOpponentSalary
Scott Kazmir- SPCLEMiami$9,400
Roberto Hernandez – SPTBSan Francisco$7,000
Jonathon Lucroy – CMILWashington$4,300
Edwin Encarnacion – 1BTORLos Angeles Angels$4,200
Ben Zobrist – 2BTBSan Francisco$4,100
Junior Lake – 3BChCLos Angeles Dodgers$3,000
Hanley Ramirez – SSLADChicago Cubs$6,400
Kole Calhoun – OFLAAToronto$3,100
Kelly Johnson – OFTBSan Francisco$4,100
Wil Myers – OFTBSan Francisco$4,200
My strategy today is to pick on San Francisco starting pitcher Guillermo Moscoso. Moscoso is a big time fly ball pitcher and the Rays hitters that I picked are hot and/or have home run power. All of Kelly Johnson’s home runs have come against right handed pitching this year. Edwin Encarnacion of the Blue Jays is on absolute fire and gets to face C.J. Wilson (a lefty). Jonathon Lucroy homered two games ago, and Junior Lake is coming off a three game stretch in which he had a two home run performance in one game, and a 4-for-5 performance in another.
Here are some brief recaps with excellent highlights attached for a few of the games last night.
The Los Angeles Dodgers won 3-0 over the Chicago Cubs with many thanks to outfielder Yasiel Puig who made this unbelievable catch , robbing Starlin Castro of a hit. Puig would leave the game with a left wrist contusion however. This comes one day after he made this amazing catch against Darwin Barney.
The Cleveland Indians eeked out a 4-3 win against the Miami Marlins, in what was actually an incredibly exciting game. Must see highlights from this game include: this highlight reel defensive play from Marlins centerfielder Jake Marisnick. Marisnick showed off his what I assume is an 80 grade arm, once again this game with this excellent throw that nearly had Michael Bourn out, on an extremely close play that upon my review, was actually the correct call by much maligned (and rightfully so) umpire Angel Hernandez.
The Reds beat the Cardinals 8-3 behind catcher Devin Mesoraco’s two home runs and this incredible play by second baseman Brandon Phillips.
In other news, Jake Peavy dazzled in his Red Sox debut, striking out seven and giving up just two runs on four hits in seven innings. Also, Wil Myers of the Rays, delivered a walk-off single (had enough to be a double, but bases were loaded with no outs) in the 10[SUP]th[/SUP] inning to bring the Rays a 2-1 victory. David Price threw nine innings in the victory, allowing just one earned run.
Finally, despite five walks, Francisco Liriano threw a seven inning shutout, allowing just two hits. He lowered his ERA to 2.02 in the win over the Rockies.

More...